"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Old 05-09-2006, 11:53 PM   #21
Head Chef
Send a message via MSN to kyles
Trip, there are no maybes, you either do it or you don't, hope has nothing to do with to :)

If you work your plan, you'll be our next success story :)

kyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:04 PM   #22
Master Chef
Bravo! Hubby was diagnosed with diabetes about a year ago, and has also done admirably ... lost 25 pounds, and watchese his food. I was pleased that he didn't need to change what he ate, just when he ate it (I'm already a healthy cook) and taking care of the amounts. One thing we really found that helped was taking out the 1 cup and 1/2 cup measuring cups and using them as serving utensils to make sure that he gets the right amount of carbs at meal time. We find it interesting that he eats MORE than he used to at dinner, fewer at lunch and breakfast, and those three scheduled 15 carb snacks (I had a hard time getting him to eat fruit before this reared its ugly head). When he went for his annual checkup, the doctor said if he hadn't seen the beginning numbers himself, he wouldn't believe he diagnosed diabetes. So it has its rewards. We're rooting for you! Success stories are out there!

Claire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire
Bravo to you too, Claire. I"m sure hubby wouldn't have done half as well without you there to help!
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:05 PM   #24
Senior Cook
Send a message via AIM to SpiceUmUp
My boss always says that Hope is not a stratagy. Work the plant, stick with the eating plan, get the excersise. It works, trust me!!

Where you are is where you belong, it is where you are going that you can change
SpiceUmUp is offline   Reply With Quote