It was 365 days ago today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpiceUmUp

Senior Cook
Hi all
It was 365 days ago that my Dr. told me I was on the slippery slope to Diabetes.

He gave me a diet to follow, told me to loose the excess pounds or risk diabetes and go down the same path the took the life of my Father and Grandfather.

That got my attention.

So I took the diet home and to heart and I have followed it closely for a year now.

The results: I weigh 55 pounds less today than I did on April 25, 2005.

I am a 42 waist, down from a 46
I am 48 Jacket, down from a 54.
I am a 17" neck, down from a 19

Most important: My blood glucose is normal with out the aid of any medication

I feel better
My legs hurt less
My back hurts less
I no longer get dizzy spells
I sleep better
I dress better!

Much of the willpower come from the support I find on this forum

Mark (SpiceUmUp)

Fantastic Spiceumup, what a wonderful job you've done. You should be so proud of yourself. You are an insiration to all of us, over weight or not,keep up the good work.

kadesma

What an inspiration to many of us. Dh and I are both having to check our glucose. He is on a pill and mine has just started to rise. I'll have to go back and read your posts for more help. What a change for you. Funny thing with us, DH doesn't need to lose an ounce but I need to lose about 25 lbs. Hope our story works out like yours. Good work!

Congratulations!

Way to stick to it, like everyone has been saying your an inspiration to us all. It's amazing what a diet and some excersize can bring us, better health, better moods, better bodies. Keep it up.

Great job Mark!! You should be really proud of yourself as we all are!! Thanks for sharing such a feel-good news with us, and for being such an inspiration to all of us!!

SpiceUmUp, I just want to say congratulations. I think your changes are very commendable and you should be very proud.

I recently joined a very active fitness forum myself and have lost about 25 lbs since February - "the right way" (eating right and exercising, no shortcuts here. Progress is great and I'm glad to see people going through the same thing I am!

Silver

(if anyone wants the link to the fitness forum, you can PM me, I PM'd GB about it and he said it was fine for me to suggest that)

My partner in crime!!!! What an amazing loss!!!!

You're dedication inspires me!!! I'm 64lbs down, only 40 odd to go now!!!

Outstanding, way to go!!!! Just started my diet yesterday, going weight watchers, without the joining... maybe I'll do as well as you... I hope hope hope....

Back
Top Bottom