"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
I have been doing well with my fruits, veggies & greek yougurts. But, this weekend I really blew it. We attended a church dinnner with alot of family, food & fun. It sure makes me feel guilty & not so good inside.
Back to eating right & exercising tomorrow.
__________________

__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #32
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I have been doing well with my fruits, veggies & greek yougurts. But, this weekend I really blew it. We attended a church dinnner with alot of family, food & fun. It sure makes me feel guilty & not so good inside.
Back to eating right & exercising tomorrow.
The guilt of "falling off the wagon" is a killer.

I hope that some day you can get past that. Having functions like this are part of life, and you cannot always eat according to a diet. For me as long as I hit that 80% mark (of eating well), I don't beat myself up over the 20%, because life happens and if you don't allow yourself to live, this new eating lifestyle will never work for the long term!

But I'll tell you, even after over a year, I catch myself feeling guilty once in a while, but I am getting better at "snapping out of it"!
__________________

__________________
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
The guilt of "falling off the wagon" is a killer.

I hope that some day you can get past that. Having functions like this are part of life, and you cannot always eat according to a diet. For me as long as I hit that 80% mark (of eating well), I don't beat myself up over the 20%, because life happens and if you don't allow yourself to live, this new eating lifestyle will never work for the long term!

But I'll tell you, even after over a year, I catch myself feeling guilty once in a while, but I am getting better at "snapping out of it"!
Thank you I appreciate your support. I am determined to get back on the elipticcal machine tomorrow. Life just gets so busy sometimes there is a milliion excuses not to. i am determined to get healthy,
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #34
Executive Chef
 
bakechef's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thank you I appreciate your support. I am determined to get back on the elipticcal machine tomorrow. Life just gets so busy sometimes there is a milliion excuses not to. i am determined to get healthy,
You're on the right track!

In a little over 2 weeks I am heading to Las Vegas and their famous buffets

I am giving myself some slack, but am going to walk as much as possible and take stairs when I can. If I gain a few pounds, oh well, I'll take care of them when I get back!
__________________
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Have a great trip. Safe travels. Let me know how it went with all the wonderfull food & food art.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,347
I hate cold fruit...I like my fruit at room temperature. But, I make a veggie salad (similar to a fruit salad). In the summer I have this in the summer from the time the tomatoes start until the end of the fall--tomatoes, onion, garlic, celery, cucumbers, carrots, parsley, basil, EVOO, and white basalmic vinegar.
__________________
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #37
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I hate cold fruit...I like my fruit at room temperature. But, I make a veggie salad (similar to a fruit salad). In the summer I have this in the summer from the time the tomatoes start until the end of the fall--tomatoes, onion, garlic, celery, cucumbers, carrots, parsley, basil, EVOO, and white basalmic vinegar.
You put raw garlic in a salad? I've always been afraid to since I thought it would be too strong.
__________________
vagriller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
We were so busy in the cafe today I was so tired & not motivated after work but I sucked it up & put in 25 mn. on the eliptical anyway. Glad I did I feel better now.Another busy day tomorrrow.I still have a hard time getting in my protein.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:57 AM   #39
Executive Chef
 
Bolas De Fraile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,193
The Mad Monks of Athos live very long and mainly cancer free lives, the head monk says it is down to their diets and the fact that they are a closed order and women are not allowed inside the monastery
__________________
I was married by a judge, I should have asked for a jury.
Bolas De Fraile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:39 AM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagriller View Post
You put raw garlic in a salad? I've always been afraid to since I thought it would be too strong.
My DH likes garlic in everything, so yes, we put raw garlic in this. You could leave it out or put roasted garlic in. I also put sweet and hot peppers in when they are available from the garden.
__________________

__________________
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.