"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

I have been doing well with my fruits, veggies & greek yougurts. But, this weekend I really blew it. We attended a church dinnner with alot of family, food & fun. It sure makes me feel guilty & not so good inside.
Back to eating right & exercising tomorrow.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:27 PM   #32
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I have been doing well with my fruits, veggies & greek yougurts. But, this weekend I really blew it. We attended a church dinnner with alot of family, food & fun. It sure makes me feel guilty & not so good inside.
Back to eating right & exercising tomorrow.
The guilt of "falling off the wagon" is a killer.

I hope that some day you can get past that. Having functions like this are part of life, and you cannot always eat according to a diet. For me as long as I hit that 80% mark (of eating well), I don't beat myself up over the 20%, because life happens and if you don't allow yourself to live, this new eating lifestyle will never work for the long term!

But I'll tell you, even after over a year, I catch myself feeling guilty once in a while, but I am getting better at "snapping out of it"!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
The guilt of "falling off the wagon" is a killer.

I hope that some day you can get past that. Having functions like this are part of life, and you cannot always eat according to a diet. For me as long as I hit that 80% mark (of eating well), I don't beat myself up over the 20%, because life happens and if you don't allow yourself to live, this new eating lifestyle will never work for the long term!

But I'll tell you, even after over a year, I catch myself feeling guilty once in a while, but I am getting better at "snapping out of it"!
Thank you I appreciate your support. I am determined to get back on the elipticcal machine tomorrow. Life just gets so busy sometimes there is a milliion excuses not to. i am determined to get healthy,
Old 03-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #34
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thank you I appreciate your support. I am determined to get back on the elipticcal machine tomorrow. Life just gets so busy sometimes there is a milliion excuses not to. i am determined to get healthy,
You're on the right track!

In a little over 2 weeks I am heading to Las Vegas and their famous buffets

I am giving myself some slack, but am going to walk as much as possible and take stairs when I can. If I gain a few pounds, oh well, I'll take care of them when I get back!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Have a great trip. Safe travels. Let me know how it went with all the wonderfull food & food art.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #36
Chef Extraordinaire

I hate cold fruit...I like my fruit at room temperature. But, I make a veggie salad (similar to a fruit salad). In the summer I have this in the summer from the time the tomatoes start until the end of the fall--tomatoes, onion, garlic, celery, cucumbers, carrots, parsley, basil, EVOO, and white basalmic vinegar.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #37
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I hate cold fruit...I like my fruit at room temperature. But, I make a veggie salad (similar to a fruit salad). In the summer I have this in the summer from the time the tomatoes start until the end of the fall--tomatoes, onion, garlic, celery, cucumbers, carrots, parsley, basil, EVOO, and white basalmic vinegar.
You put raw garlic in a salad? I've always been afraid to since I thought it would be too strong.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:18 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

We were so busy in the cafe today I was so tired & not motivated after work but I sucked it up & put in 25 mn. on the eliptical anyway. Glad I did I feel better now.Another busy day tomorrrow.I still have a hard time getting in my protein.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:57 AM   #39
Executive Chef

The Mad Monks of Athos live very long and mainly cancer free lives, the head monk says it is down to their diets and the fact that they are a closed order and women are not allowed inside the monastery
Old 03-30-2011, 05:39 AM   #40
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagriller View Post
You put raw garlic in a salad? I've always been afraid to since I thought it would be too strong.
My DH likes garlic in everything, so yes, we put raw garlic in this. You could leave it out or put roasted garlic in. I also put sweet and hot peppers in when they are available from the garden.