Low carb recipe with chicken? Anyone have a good one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

molly

Assistant Cook
Hi all!

I roasted a chicken last night and we ate the breast meat but I have the whole rest of the darn thing left.

I would normally make a soup or casserole out of the left overs. But, I'm on this silly low carb diet and I need a good recipe for left over roasted chicken that does not include noodles or stuffing or carbs of any sort!

Do you know of anything?

I will be eternally greatful if someone can help me make a something tasty out of chicken, without carbs.

Good luck right? hahaha...

Thanks in advance,
Molly

This is a fabulous recipe. You could also do a tortilla soup, quiche or fritatta with the leftover chicken meat.

Chicken with Peanut Curry
2 tb Oil
4 Chicken thighs, boned, cut into medium pieces
2 Garlic cloves, chopped
1 tb Red curry paste (or to taste)
1 c Coconut cream (not sweetenend)
1/4 c Roasted peanuts, chopped
2 tb Peanut butter
2 tb Fish sauce
2 ts Brown sugar
2 Kaffir lime leaves (opt)
1 Handful Thai basil leaves, fresh (can use regular basil)
1 ts Mint leaves, fresh, chopped
1 Fresh red chile, cut into slivers

1.Preheat wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add oil. When hot, add chicken and stir-fry until lightly browned. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
2.Add garlic to hot wok and lightly brown. Reduce heat and add curry paste; fry gently, stirring for 1 minute. Add coconut cream, peanuts, and peanut butter; stir constantly until smooth, about 2 minutes.
3.Add fish sauce, sugar, lime leaves and the reserved chicken. Simmer together for 3 minutes or until chicken is done.
4.Add the basil leaves; stir together for 30 seconds. Serve hot, garnished with mint leaves and red chile slivers.

Back
Top Bottom