Low-fat menu.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ulisess

Assistant Cook
Hi, i'm a 16 years old-spanish boy and i have to do a low-fat menu, with the first dish the Second dish and the dessert (Being in each part 4 eaten to choosing), for english class. Can anyone say me the menu, please?

Sorry if my english is bad.

OK - let me understand. You need a low fat menu with an entree, a side dish, and a dessert, that serves 4? Or do you need 4 choices of each one?

Also, have you checked Low Fat Recipes using Google and searching? Have you done some searches for recipes on your own?

I need four choices of each one.
I used google, but i have a problem, my english...
Thanks!

See this link - scroll down and you can select the language of your choice.

I'm just offering this piece of advice because you can then read in your own language. This is, after all, YOUR homework :LOL:.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice, but i said if someone could give me a menu.
Thank you.

We realize that is what you said, but I think your assignment is for you to create a menu. We can direct you places but can't just hand over one - that wouldn't be right. I can tell you to look for things with fresh fruit, whole grains and lean meats (chicken or turkey is best) that are not fried.

We realize that is what you said, but I think your assignment is for you to create a menu. We can direct you places but can't just hand over one - that wouldn't be right. I can tell you to look for things with fresh fruit, whole grains and lean meats (chicken or turkey is best) that are not fried.
thanks.

You can also google for "low fat diet" or "low cholesterol diet" or "low fat menu" and you should find lots of help.

Do you know what foods are lower in fat? Things that are boiled and baked are usually lower in fat. Broiled or baked fish, broiled and baked chicken/poultry (stay away from dark meat), and any lean beef like flat iron steak/skirt steak/lean ground beef. Any chicken where you remove the skin is lower in fat. Fish/seafood is lower in fat. If you understand what foods are lower in fat, then a menu shouldn't be a problem. Fresh vegetables that are steamed or roasted, red potatoes baked or steamed, sweet potatoes, are all low in fat. Also, salads splashed with balsamic vinegar are good - just keep everything in it raw and unprocessed i.e., no cheeses.

You can also google for "low fat diet" or "low cholesterol diet" or "low fat menu" and you should find lots of help.
I've been searching in this forum and i found some things. With this, i can do it.
Thanks.

If you want to post your menu here we will tell you if you are on the right track!!
Ok, I have to have finished that on friday. On tuesday or on friday i will post here.
Thanks men.
PD: What about my english? do you think is well? think that i'm 15 years old, 16 in 2 weeks.

My mom just went to a health convention by Dr. McDougall who specializes in low fat meals. He and his wife have a huge cookbook, I've looked through it personally and I think some of the dishes they've created will be perfect for you. I suggest you google "Dr. McDougall", his site is the first one that shows up, see what you can find there. Hope this helps.

(I would have included the direct link but since I haven't posted a certain number of times the forum won't let me, sorry)

I think you are doing very well with your English. Are you understanding us okay?
Thanks!
More or less, i didn't understand some vocabulary of food. I didn't know that some in spanish,so in english... hehe.
Thanks guys!

My mom just went to a health convention by Dr. McDougall who specializes in low fat meals. He and his wife have a huge cookbook, I've looked through it personally and I think some of the dishes they've created will be perfect for you. I suggest you google "Dr. McDougall", his site is the first one that shows up, see what you can find there. Hope this helps.

(I would have included the direct link but since I haven't posted a certain number of times the forum won't let me, sorry)
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom