Lunch inspiration - beyond the brown bag!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyles

Head Chef
Grumblebee's post including Bento box ideas got me thinking. With kids going back to school, and with the days drawing in, sometimes we need a bit of inspiration with finding healthy lunch ideas.

This blog is fascinating. I'm not a vegan or even a vegetarian. this stay at home mom blogs every day about lunches she prepares for her little boy. You need to go back in the archives a bit, as of course her child has been on school break for a couple of months, but she's still been blogging about road food she prepares for his adventures!

Anyone else with any interesting ideas outside sandwiches for healthy lunches?

I already had it bookmarked in my favorites, it's a great blog and I've been wanting to buy a laptop lunchbox ever since I've discovered it! And I'm not a vegetarian either... :)

I'm not a vegan either but that site does have some good ideas.

Let's see the basic brown bag is ham/cheese sandwich, chips, apple, cookie. What kids do not like is having to keep up with a lunch box and little containers. Kids do not like soup and no spoon. Kids do not like messy foods and they hate leftovers at lunch. Their not picky; they just like the brown bag lunch. They buy milk or juice at school; they hate luke warm beverage in a thermos.
Some kids like to trade. ham/cheese for a pbj. apple for a banana, chocolate chip for a sugar cookie. Nobody trades a sandwich for spaghetti but maybe for a meatball! lol
Schools do not put messy drippy little lunchboxes in the lost & found after lunch.
Lunch at home is a whole different story. And they know there's popsicles in the freezer.

Back
Top Bottom