"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 08-13-2005, 10:22 AM   #11
Head Chef

von glassoff, that's great that it works well for you!! just a word of caution, though, to others. a cardiologist told my mom some years ago that one of the worst things she could do for her heart is to get out of bed and immediately exercise - even moderate exercise such as walking. I took those words to heart ( yep, pun intended) and get up at least an hour before I plan to do any exercising.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 10:23 AM   #12
Head Chef

mrsmac!!!! what a cute puppy!!!! i love dogs.

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 02:21 PM   #13
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
Very cute puppy.

The jurys out on so called fasting cardio, many people get straight up and exercise. I tend to get up an hour before, have breakfast straight away, play on the internet, then walk to the gym.

The weights session went well today, it's getting easier, which is bad news, it means I need to start changing it around!!!! I increased the weights today I'll feel it tomorrow!!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 02:29 PM   #14
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to msalper
Yes, very cute puppy mrsmac!!!, and thank you :)
Old 08-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #15
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalper
Here my rules for healty life, nowadays...

1. Drink at least 3 lt. water for a day.
2. Get at least 4 meal for a day. 4 hours break...This is an excellent solution to lose weights.. if you leave one of your meal out, then your stomach starts to keep calories from your previous meals. But if you get 4 or 5 meal for a day, your metabolism works better and spend calories.
3. Do exercises (for me its about 1 hour for a day) but even if you are very busy, you must do it for 20 minutes at least, I think so.. I don't know you can do something that you like contains some action ...
4. I do yoga also...It relieves me...
5. And I quit to smoke... Please, don't smoke... ..

Thats all by now.. If I remember something I will come back..

By the way, mrsmac, if possible, could you please attach your pup picture to the site..
I agree, lots of water, and 4-5 small meals per day And of course exercise.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:28 AM   #16
Head Chef

I am really trying to drink more water, I drink a fair bit anyway but I am now having a glass when I crave a sweet snack to fill myself up. Watched #1 daughter's soccer semi final today but I don't think that counts as exercise for me! All the running around ferrying children places must burn off some calories though! I wish I had a friend nearby to walk with so that we could walk and talk at the same time. Kyles move back to Australia- to Sydney and walk with me?
Old 08-14-2005, 02:09 PM   #17
Head Chef

Ok! I'll be on the next flight!!! If only I could!!! I went swimming this morning, and bought lots of healthy food at the farmers market.

We're having a broad bean frittata for tea, the sad thing is the veggie man ran out of broad beans and I had to get them at the supermarket!!! Grrrrr!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 01:42 AM   #18
Head Chef

Are we still moving people???? Just because the weekend is over, no need for our enthusiasm to slip!!! I went to the gym after work on Monday, it was sooooooooo busy, I miss going in the morning like I used to, but my hours of work have dramatically changed. I used to work 12 - 8 and go to the gym when it opened at 7. Now I work 9 - 5 so I need to go at night.

How is everyone else doing???
Old 08-16-2005, 03:58 AM   #19
Head Chef

I walked around for the 20 minutes I was on playground duty at school but thats it. I am hopeless.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:58 AM   #20
Chef Extraordinaire

I will be in a similar situtation soon, kyles. I've been working out mornings during my shift at Curves, but this is my last week there as an employe and then I will just be a regular member (drat, will have to pay to work out!). I start the new 9-to-5 job in a couple more weeks, so I will be limited to evening workouts as well.

Haven't lost any more weight lately, but have held the line and not gained either. I was rather flattered the other day when one of the newer members at Curves asked me if I had always been so slim and trim. Ha!