Move it or lose it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kyles

Head Chef
It's not quite cooking or even food related, but how we exercise is very important in maintaining and promoting a healthy lifestyle. So if you are a regular exerciser, just starting out, or wanting some advice, here's your thread!!!!!

What can I do whilst still sitting on the couch?????? LOL
I am planning on starting to walk regularly, my problem is that the dog is a pup and hasn't worked out how to walk on the leash and I am using this as an excuse not to walk.(and its freezing)
I am making a resolution now: I will walk at least every second day.
Thankyou Kyles for the impetus to start.

Here my rules for healty life, nowadays...

1. Drink at least 3 lt. water for a day.
2. Get at least 4 meal for a day. 4 hours break...This is an excellent solution to lose weights.. if you leave one of your meal out, then your stomach starts to keep calories from your previous meals. But if you get 4 or 5 meal for a day, your metabolism works better and spend calories.
3. Do exercises (for me its about 1 hour for a day) but even if you are very busy, you must do it for 20 minutes at least, I think so.. I don't know you can do something that you like contains some action :) ...
4. I do yoga also...It relieves me...
5. And I quit to smoke... Please, don't smoke... :rolleyes: ..

Thats all by now.. If I remember something I will come back..

By the way, mrsmac, if possible, could you please attach your pup picture to the site..:)

This is a great thread! I've been slowly working out again. Just taking it slow by going to the gym to do 30-45 min. of cardio, then I leave. Eventually I will include weights, maybe next month.

I am actually going to sign off DC now and take Miss5 and the dog for a walk even though it is 8am saturday!!!!!!

I just walked the dog and the child for 30minutes and I feel GREAT!!!! I spent quality time chatting with my little girl, the dog got to get out and practice on a lead (she is improving by the way) and I got exercise!! Its a beautiful crisp winter's morning here, we actually have a light frost which is unusual, Erin had never seen frost and was having fun collecting ice off grass.
Thankyou Kyles for giving me the boost to do this, I feel happy and pleased with myself.:)

Well done MrsMac, it's just the beginning, wait until your weather improves. I have found it a lot easier to exercise in summer (it's pouring with rain today) even the walk to the gym seems better in the sunshine. It's weight training day today, which I don't enjoy much, although it's getting better, I still get a bit embarrassed, but hey ho! No one's looking at me, they're all too busy with their own neuroses to worry about mine!!!

msalper said:
By the way, mrsmac, if possible, could you please attach your pup picture to the site..:)

This was a couple of months ago:
img_153982_0_14f5fb278e4ba09803b015c121c9a291.jpg

The first thing I do when I get up in the morning is play some music I have on my computer and do floor exercises and then I get the more lively music going and do aerobic exercises. I try to do something that moves every part of my body. If the weather permits, I head out for a long walk after the in house exercise. If not then I get on the treadmill. The reason I do this when I first get out of bed is I heard a millitary guy say a few years ago if you want to get your metabolism going, you have got to exercise within the first two hours of getting up in the a.m. I figured the sooner the better so I just rolled right out of bed one morning and hit the floor exercising and have been doing it ever since. I have to tell you this really worked for me.

von glassoff, that's great that it works well for you!! just a word of caution, though, to others. a cardiologist told my mom some years ago that one of the worst things she could do for her heart is to get out of bed and immediately exercise - even moderate exercise such as walking. I took those words to heart :)lol: yep, pun intended) and get up at least an hour before I plan to do any exercising.

Very cute puppy.

The jurys out on so called fasting cardio, many people get straight up and exercise. I tend to get up an hour before, have breakfast straight away, play on the internet, then walk to the gym.

The weights session went well today, it's getting easier, which is bad news, it means I need to start changing it around!!!! I increased the weights today I'll feel it tomorrow!!!!

msalper said:
Here my rules for healty life, nowadays...

1. Drink at least 3 lt. water for a day.
2. Get at least 4 meal for a day. 4 hours break...This is an excellent solution to lose weights.. if you leave one of your meal out, then your stomach starts to keep calories from your previous meals. But if you get 4 or 5 meal for a day, your metabolism works better and spend calories.
3. Do exercises (for me its about 1 hour for a day) but even if you are very busy, you must do it for 20 minutes at least, I think so.. I don't know you can do something that you like contains some action :) ...
4. I do yoga also...It relieves me...
5. And I quit to smoke... Please, don't smoke... :rolleyes: ..

Thats all by now.. If I remember something I will come back..

I agree, lots of water, and 4-5 small meals per day:) And of course exercise.

I am really trying to drink more water, I drink a fair bit anyway but I am now having a glass when I crave a sweet snack to fill myself up. Watched #1 daughter's soccer semi final today but I don't think that counts as exercise for me! All the running around ferrying children places must burn off some calories though! I wish I had a friend nearby to walk with so that we could walk and talk at the same time. Kyles move back to Australia- to Sydney and walk with me?

Ok! I'll be on the next flight!!! If only I could!!! I went swimming this morning, and bought lots of healthy food at the farmers market.

We're having a broad bean frittata for tea, the sad thing is the veggie man ran out of broad beans and I had to get them at the supermarket!!! Grrrrr!!!

Are we still moving people???? Just because the weekend is over, no need for our enthusiasm to slip!!! I went to the gym after work on Monday, it was sooooooooo busy, I miss going in the morning like I used to, but my hours of work have dramatically changed. I used to work 12 - 8 and go to the gym when it opened at 7. Now I work 9 - 5 so I need to go at night.

How is everyone else doing???

I will be in a similar situtation soon, kyles. I've been working out mornings during my shift at Curves, but this is my last week there as an employe and then I will just be a regular member (drat, will have to pay to work out!). I start the new 9-to-5 job in a couple more weeks, so I will be limited to evening workouts as well.

Haven't lost any more weight lately, but have held the line and not gained either. I was rather flattered the other day when one of the newer members at Curves asked me if I had always been so slim and trim. Ha!

Back
Top Bottom