Multivitamin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PinkFloyd

Assistant Cook
Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good all-in-one vitamin I could take, or if it's possible to make my own. I don't eat well or often and I don't get much sleep, so I thought taking some supplements would help me get everything I need. I'm in decent shape and otherwise in good health, so I'm just looking for something to keep me energized and balanced.

Thanks!

Any of the major brands of multis will work about the same. If you have a Costco or BJs near you, you can also buy their brand.

PinkFloyd, has your doctor recommended this to you? There are any number of decent "One-A-Day" vitamins out there. I take one mostly for the calcium and Vitamin D. Think mine is just a drugstore brand. I just went and compared the bottles. My Dr told me what levels I should look for and I went to find that.

Has anyone found a multivitamin that does NOT contain zinc? I have a serious zinc allergy and I cannot find one that doesn't contain a megadose of it. I have had to stop taking vitamins after I discovered this problem and gave up my multivitamin. For cost and convenience reasons I'd rather continue taking only one. But I think my only alternative may be to get several different kinds of vitamins that a multi would otherwise give me.

Back
Top Bottom