"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #21
Senior Cook

I've become interested in dried fruit lately. I brought some cranberries, cherries and raisins. I should try adding these to add nutrients to my breakfast.

Old 08-05-2015, 08:43 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I believe healthy food is supposed to taste good. Does anyone believe that taste buds were evolved to make us eat too much and get fat? Taste is the main feedback system for choosing food. How do you think wild animals know what to eat? Do they get fatter than is healthy?

I find that if I eat vegis when I haven't been eating enough vegis, that they will taste extra good. That's just one example of the taste feedback system.

Sure, it's easy to overeat sugars, fats, and salt, but it's also easy to be aware of that and apply common sense.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:46 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Food is indeed fuel for the body. One of the tricks when figuring out meals for folks who are trying to change their eating habits is to make those meals tasty by using herbs and spices instead of salt and processed ingredients. I shrunk 4 sizes by changing when I ate my largest meal (a.m.). I didn't give up taste. I did cut out bread and sugar. I love food. I eat well. And I am not overweight. I weigh the same I did when I was 21. I am 56.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:28 AM   #24
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Seriously? Then what the heck are you doing on a forum where folks discuss great tasting food? I didn't change my diet to lose weight, just started eating less. I can walk 5 miles with out breathing heavily and then swim a mile. You seem to have an agenda that has nothing to do with what DC is all about. You think most people will agree with you? Get real dude!

The URL of these forms is "discuss cooking" not "discuss great tasting cooking", forgive me for not catching the error of the person who registered the domain.

I feel you are rude person, as pointed out by someone else in another of my threads, and it's best if I place you on my ignore list.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:54 AM   #25
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative View Post
Whilst I understand this and it is clear that now you are highly disciplined, do you not trust yourself to be able enjoy some favourite food now and then, i.e. moderation say, one day a week - a Saturday?

It seems such a shame to deprive yourself totally of the pleasure of eating food you enjoy. Your acquired discipline would surely be able to keep you on the straight and narrow? Your regime is surely hard wired into you sufficiently to withstand the odd treat?
I trust myself quite well. My favorite foods are fruits, vegetables, grains, nuts, and legumes.. and I eat them all the time.

My favorite foods were different years ago, I used to choose foods based solely on taste. I'm now choosing foods based on nutritional value.

I enjoy being able to run 3 or 4 miles at a time without stopping. So I choose foods that are conducive to an athletic lifestyle.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:22 AM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardchoille View Post
The URL of these forms is "discuss cooking" not "discuss great tasting cooking", forgive me for not catching the error of the person who registered the domain.

I feel you are rude person, as pointed out by someone else in another of my threads, and it's best if I place you on my ignore list.
You are not discussing cooking, you are discussing your diet. Got any recipes to discuss, with the exception of adding dried fruits or rolled oats?
Old 08-06-2015, 08:01 AM   #27
Executive Chef

I just looked at every post you've made and other than boiling water for oatmeal, none have anything to do with actual cooking.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #28
Senior Cook

I tried the steel cut oats this morning. It doesn't mix as well with wheat toast and green tea as do the rolled oats, but it was good.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardchoille View Post

Well, I guess you are going to have to place all of us on your ignore list. I have yet to hear of one member here who is willing to adopt your dietary plan as wholly as you have.

If your eating plans work for you, fine. But you are trying to cram it down every member's throat here. And I hate to be the one to tell you (pun intended) but we all are choking on it. One plan does not fit all.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:22 AM   #30
Senior Cook

My favorite healthy breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well, I guess you are going to have to place all of us on your ignore list. I have yet to hear of one member here who is willing to adopt your dietary plan as wholly as you have.

If your eating plans work for you, fine. But you are trying to cram it down every member's throat here. And I hate to be the one to tell you (pun intended) but we all are choking on it. One plan does not fit all.

Your opinion is noted, thank you.

I just think it's sad that some folks are willing to settle for health problems instead of finding the strength to change and avoid such things.

Tags
breakfast, fast, health, healthy