Need ideas - clear liquid diet before medical tests

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are milkshakes concidered liquid>??

No, milkshakes are not an option because they are not clear. These liquids have to be clear.

Caine - just having a blender won't do it either for the same reason above. Even though the OP just said "liquids" she mentioned jello and broth - clueing the rest of us in as to her intent on "clear" liquids. We were probably clued in because we've had this test or been around people who have had this test. Any herbs that are floating around in that broth also have to be removed before consuming.

Grilling Fool - it is to STOP his intake of food (solid anyway).

I was quite content eating the jello (peach) and broth - I never got hungry. Even a glass of white wine is acceptable as would a lot of cocktails.

Jello shots - I'll have to remember that one! I saw a recipe somewhere recently for mojito jello shots - I've GOT to find that recipe!

Ah, provided you don't need to be anethetised for the procedure, KitchenElf!! A mojito jello shot or a cocktail may not be the best combo in that situation!! Although, you probably wouldn't need the gas if you had enough of the shots!!! LOL

My hubby passed his colonscopy test just fine--guess what---they found a precancerous polyp--NO history of cancer whatsover in his family genetics and he's 54 years---please--I'm going to use this forum to appeal to all of you--get a colonoscopy at least by the age of 50---the doctor told us to have our children to have their first one at age 40 since he had a precancerous polyp---can you believe? He gave me such a hard time about scheduling him for this test in the first place. If you love your family members, schedule them, support them during the "diet" time and they will be grateful when everything come back negative. As an aside the morning that my hubby had his colonoscopy, 3 out of 10 patients came back "positive" with polyps. That's not a good ratio in my books.

if you are 50 and older you need to have a colonoscopy......schedule today........if all is clear you won't have to go for another 3-5 years............I will try and post a hilarious rendition of a local humorist's recollection of his experience..........I had a wonderful doctor who believed in making his patients comfortable.......think twice about yours if he/she insists that you have the lovely experience of seeing the whole procedure videod....mine put me out and I got special Kodak moments as part of the bill..........I could not thank him enough.....

I was awake for mine but they did give me something to make me "feel good" so I really didn't care what was happening. I got a clean bill of health and was told I didn't need another for 10 years. That I can live with! Maybe by then they will have improved the prep even more!

the prep will always involve a salt solution whether liquid or by tablets .........as your body is excreting large amounts of fluid.... potassium is being excreted as well and so the heart needs to be given extra potassium and electrolytes as well......that's why the drink isn't so delightful........buy a good book beforehand..........no, I was totally out for mine......totally............

I too urge everyone to get a colonoscopy. I just had about 3 ft. of my colon taken out because of a precancerous polop. Praise God I had the test and they found it before it turned into something bad. It just makes me mad at myself that I had gone over the 10 yr. mark. Just kept putting it off because of the prep tasting so bad. While I sweated out the time waiting to see if it was cancer, I realized 1 day of prep is not so bad compared to colon cancer.Just my 2 cents worth. Faye

I too urge everyone to get a colonoscopy. I just had about 3 ft. of my colon taken out because of a precancerous polop. Praise God I had the test and they found it before it turned into something bad. It just makes me mad at myself that I had gone over the 10 yr. mark. Just kept putting it off because of the prep tasting so bad. While I sweated out the time waiting to see if it was cancer, I realized 1 day of prep is not so bad compared to colon cancer.Just my 2 cents worth. Faye

I just had one two weeks ago, and if you have a good doctor, you don't have to do the liquid prep. I took two over-the-counter meds - one was Dulcolax, and I don't remember the other, but it was similar. Take those with clear liquids and you're good to go - so to speak :ROFLMAO:

Husband is having a test tomarrow and can only have liquids today, any ideas besides broth and jello?

Hi mikki

The low calorie liquid diet is practiced under strict medical supervision only.

But as of now I would like to suggest you that intake of marine phytoplankton helps in increasing your energy and inner strength with a few drops a day.

Hope this really works for the day I guess...

Thanks

It may be too late but maybe someone else will have a similar question. I enjoyed eating popsicles...satisfied the "crunch" desire as well as a new taste sensation....just be sure that you're not using a color they tell you not to.....I distinctly remember being instructed not to eat anything red.....hope that all worked out, R!

Husband is having a test tomarrow and can only have liquids today, any ideas besides broth and jello?

;) ;) Hi mikki

A liquid diet consists of fresh fruit juices or shakes before the test I hope so..

The meal replacement liquid diet replaces one or two whole meals with liquids. This type of liquid diet is offered to many people as an effective tool to reduce weight even.

Add some mineral nutrition food to your diet plan which gives you more minerals and vitamins that are necessary..

Thanks..;)

Back
Top Bottom