Negative calorie foods list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
amber said:
I love vegetables but didnt know they were fat burners.

I didn't either, that's why I posted it. I mean, you still have to excersise, but, they are suppose to burn more and boost your metabolism than if you didn't eat them.

My favorite "negative calories" food is a Rum & Diet Coke. You do know that the zero calories in the Diet Coke automatically cancels out all the calories in the rum? Lol!!!

Thanks for the info ... I didn't know alot of them on the list myself. I guess I always thought that the higher the fiber, the more calories the food would burn when digested so I was surprised by foods like mushrooms and mangoes.
Thanks again!

BreezyCooking said:
My favorite "negative calories" food is a Rum & Diet Coke. You do know that the zero calories in the Diet Coke automatically cancels out all the calories in the rum? Lol!!!

. . . and you have enough, all of the day's calories become 'negative calories'

Thanks for posting that. I'll try to eat some of those when I'm dying for a snack or need to rethink some of my menus.

I just printed that out Texasgirl. Thanks for sharing it. I now need to print out the point system for WW and carry that to work with me so I can slim down to appropriate size for this usual typically small woman. Being off work for 3 months and not being able to exercise was a 'huge' problem.

That actually isn't true, there are no "negative" calorie foods, not even celery or lettuce (unless you REALLY really chewed). The only food garenteed negative calories would be cardboard- its 100% fiber.

If you drink three pints of ice water a day you would lose a few pounds a year apparently because you're body requires a small amount of energy to heat it up, sort of like how people who shiver a lot end up burning a lot of calories. Heat is high-energy thing, (as anyone who's ever paid an electricity bill in the winter can tell you, heh).

Banana Brain said:
That actually isn't true, there are no "negative" calorie foods, not even celery or lettuce (unless you REALLY really chewed). The only food garenteed negative calories would be cardboard- its 100% fiber.

Actually...it is true - at least for celery. (sorry to be like this in my first few posts)

While there are calories in celery, your body uses more digesting it (not chewing, but digesting) than you consume by ingesting it. You'd have to tonnes of it over a year to make any significant difference, though.

Unfortunately, most of the rest of that list is not, in fact, "negative calorie". While eating an apple might have tangible benefits, you would still gain weight if you ate enough of them.

Still a neat concept though...

Back
Top Bottom