Neufchatel Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know that there is a "best". I simply use it instead of full fat cream cheese. I use it on bagels, in salads, desserts, dips, whatever would call for cream cheese, even cheesecake.

I agree with the tart flavor part there.

Flavor still the same to me just a tad on Living Healthy initiative. If you can pair it with the other items you are eating with healthy as well. Then it just might make a good combination.:chef:

I only use Neufchatel for everything that calls for cream cheese. Not because it has less fat (I love fat), but it is softer to begin with, much easier to mix smoothly.

I only use Neufchatel for everything that calls for cream cheese. Not because it has less fat (I love fat), but it is softer to begin with, much easier to mix smoothly.

What are you mainly using Neufchatel for mixing desserts, fillers or dipping things as a regular snack product?

If you're looking for a lower fat alternative to cream cheese (1/3 fewer calories according to the package), it will do anything cream cheese will do.

If the fat content is not an issue, try both and choose the one you like best.

It has a slightly more tart flavor the Philly, which I like.
:)Wow!I always thought the opposite.I will hafto try it again.All I know is the low fat cream cheese is not that great and I wont even do fat free no flavor.I also hate low fat and no fat mayonaise just no flavor there.

Back
Top Bottom