No Egg Waffles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
These are from my Eat The Norway cookbook and are quite good. They usually take a little longer to brown in the waffler.

NO EGG WAFFLES

1 pint sour cream
6-8 Tbs water
1 tsp baking powder
1-1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt

Mix all ingredients until smooth. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before baking. We serve them with gjetøst (Norwegian goat cheese), jam, or sour cream and berries.

Have you got something low/no fat/sugar to put on them?

A waffle completement nu on it's own is quite unappetising.

Do not suggest fruit, it is normally unobtainable in my location.

Darkstream said:
Have you got something low/no fat/sugar to put on them?

A waffle completement nu on it's own is quite unappetising.

Do not suggest fruit, it is normally unobtainable in my location.

I can only suggest canned fruit then, but we eat them warm with just butter as well. If you can get coolwhip it is low cal.

This may sound goofy but I normally cannot abide pancakes or waffles because they're too filling for me. Would leaving eggs out make a difference? This recipe looks good! :D

DampCharcoal said:
This may sound goofy but I normally cannot abide pancakes or waffles because they're too filling for me. Would leaving eggs out make a difference? This recipe looks good! :D

Yes, I like them and use them when I am out of eggs, or sometimes when I fee I have eaten eggs too often. Do not necessarily believe in the 'egg' scare thing, but you never know.

Irrelevant, but intersting:

Some canned, preserved fruits ARE better than fresh. So it is not a stupid suggestion.

However, they are invariably packed in sugar syrup. Slower acting, but as poisonous as arsenic to me. But thanks for the suggestion.

I have never made waffles wih eggs. Fanny Farmer has a number of waffle recipes, at least one of which is sans egg.

If anyone wants it I can post it. But I suspect you all have it in your own kitchens.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom