Nutrition Class

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
I am taking a nutrition class, post-heart attack. It is actually a class on pre-diabetic cooking, but Diabetes, heart health, weight management and all are intricately interwoven. I found out from another member that the class would cost her $300...for me it's $50 and I get my money back after I finish the entire class.

If anyone is interested, I will be happy to post my classes, week by week, here in this forum.

Let me know. :)

I am taking a nutrition class, post-heart attack. It is actually a class on pre-diabetic cooking, but Diabetes, heart health, weight management and all are intricately interwoven. I found out from another member that the class would cost her $300...for me it's $50 and I get my money back after I finish the entire class.

If anyone is interested, I will be happy to post my classes, week by week, here in this forum.

Please do. We can all use the information.

:flowers::flowers::flowers:Princess I would love for to post your nutrition classes. I am sure it would Help a lot of us. It is sweet of you to offer.

Josie

Looks like Monday nights will be class night!:)

Better bring apples for the teacher:ROFLMAO:

I took those classes too. very helpful!

Take notes....You'll want them weeks later.

I still have all my nutrition texts from college. It's one subject I excell in...my education is also 11 years old. Be nice to hear and learn all the new things that have come out since I took a formal class.

Okie dokie, I'm off to plunk the cash down and find out what materials we will be using, get all signed up.

Then rehab and another class...I'll be busy today!

Okay, I have a bunch to type up fpr you, basically what the class is going to consist of and what we will be doing. It is up to you what you want to incorporate. I will be doing the whole thing, including the weekly weights and food journal

Here are the new 2010 USDA Dietary guidelines, for your perusal, I just got the link from one of my nursing newsletters:
http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/Publications/DietaryGuidelines/2010/PolicyDoc/PolicyDoc.pdf

Last edited:
The class is very personalized and support oriented. Last week we just went over how much they intend to support us and cheap gym memberships ($10 a month for the Rehab Gym) Hopefully this week, tonight, will actually have some information to pass on!

I feel bad, I offered a class and it turns out it's not a class but a weight loss program. She used some formula (don't ask) to figure out how many Fat grams a day we can have and told us to write down all the food we eat in the next week and figure out the fat grams. Keeping in mind how many fat grams we can have.

I also learned that one McDonalds meal, not even an supersized one, has the same amount of fat as a stick of butter.

I'll keep absorbing and going to class, if only to get my $50 back at the end. I did get a nifty Fat Counter Book!

Back
Top Bottom