Olive Oil Warning: Holy smokes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Olive Oil turns to unhealthy saturated fat when heated to a high temperature!

• YES, I knew that.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • NO, I didn't know...eek!

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
Andy, bravo! I'm tired of different foods being declared unhealthy, then healthy, then killer unhealthy, then the next craze. The latest one I saw was that heavy drinkers (and I count myself as one) live longer than moderate or non-drinkers. Now, give me a break. Even I'm not that delusional. Anything I read or hear when it comes to food I take with a huge grain of salt. And there's an organization that always over-states the obvious. They've come out with butter is fattening (talking about movie popcorn), sweet and sour pork is bad for your heart, etc; all of which you'd know if you took a home ec class when you were a teenager.

I may be wrong, but I think Andy was rightly skewering misinformation and speculation dressed up as facts rather than making a blanket statement about ALL research or information.

While it's true that sometimes it seems as if scientists and researchers can't make up their collective minds, I attribute that to the evolution of the field itself. We're always learning something new.

It's the non-credible world of rumor-mongers who are so sure of their facts that they will never allow new information or research to get in the way of their latest conspiracy theory.

Suzy, you're right. the difficulty is in knowing when it's self-serving mis-information or actual complete fact.

I moved away from Florida to get away from all the people and stress I had lived with there. .

You move to New Orleans to get away from stress?????
Sorry, that just slipped out. Hope you are enjoying your retirement.

No Stress

You move to New Orleans to get away from stress?????
Sorry, that just slipped out. Hope you are enjoying your retirement.

NOLA was as far as I could get on that month's payday, but within one month I'm in an all new low income apartment which leaves me enough to live on my own, nicely with cable TV, internet, my crochet and Sudoku.

I'm a home body so I don't get involved in other people's problems and so far the only stress in my life is having to wait to use my favorite top loading washing machine in the downstairs (cheap) laundromat. So yes, happily for me it worked out to be the no stress life I was praying for.:clap:

I've been here a little over a year and now have furniture, a fully stocked kitchen and peace of mind. (And a great football team!) Go Saints!

Back
Top Bottom