Orange juice reduces blood pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, PF, so does citrus increase the blood pressure med effect, or does it inactivate it? I have not been happy with any of the BP meds we've tried, my BP is still way too high.

Depends on the medication and what you take it for. Some medications are not just for BP some regulate heart rate also. Shrek takes some of the same meds as I do but for different reasons and at different doses. If you want me to analyze your meds, I'd be happy to, but in PM or e-mail.

Depends on the medication and what you take it for. Some medications are not just for BP some regulate heart rate also. Shrek takes some of the same meds as I do but for different reasons and at different doses. If you want me to analyze your meds, I'd be happy to, but in PM or e-mail.

Thanks, PF!

Stirling takes BP meds, but I don't think he isn't supposed to drink OJ. I better talk to the pharmacist just to be sure.

This study was performed with male patients only. They already know that womens' heart related health problems are different than mens'. And they know it has to do somewhat with the estrogen and testosterone levels. We know that both sexes have some of both in their systems. That's why women grow beards and men develop breasts in old age. The balance of hormones change.

I do buy orange juice with extra pulp. I know I can eat an orange as it will be absorbed slower than just juice. So with the extra pulp, it will act somewhat like a whole orange does. Sometimes I get a container that has so much pulp, you can almost spoon it out of your glass. :angel:

...I do buy orange juice with extra pulp. I know I can eat an orange as it will be absorbed slower than just juice. So with the extra pulp, it will act somewhat like a whole orange does. Sometimes I get a container that has so much pulp, you can almost spoon it out of your glass. :angel:

Oh those are my favorite OJ bottles! Whenever I see the "no pulp" ones in the store I think "why bother?". JMO. ;)

Oh those are my favorite OJ bottles! Whenever I see the "no pulp" ones in the store I think "why bother?". JMO. ;)

I get Florida's Natural. You can buy just OJ, with pulp, and Most Pulp! Guess which one I buy. I simply don't understand the no pulp. You will eat an orange with all the pulp in it, why not the juice? :angel:

I get Florida's Natural. You can buy just OJ, with pulp, and Most Pulp! Guess which one I buy. I simply don't understand the no pulp. You will eat an orange with all the pulp in it, why not the juice? :angel:
I prefer OJ with pulp. To me OJ with no pulp is like white bread or white rice.

Back
Top Bottom