Police Test Diet oh joy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you should start with fast walk/jog until you work your way up to running straight for 2 miles. Get out there 3-4 days per week for 30-40 minutes.

Good work on the lower calorie/no bread day!!! I know it's hard but it gets easier!

If your in shape you should be able to do a 12 min mile no problem, When I lost weight I was helping my DD pass a physical fitness test, I was walking 2 miles a day but she had to do an 11 min mile, we started off running 1/2 mile walking 1 1/2 miles did that a couple days then increased it to running 1 mile walking a mile kept doing that until running 2 miles. even though she only had to run a mile running 2 miles got her stamina up so running the mile was "easy". You dont want it in your head that you think you can do it, you want to know that you can. I would definately run.

I didn't run. I don't think I am going to. What do you guys think? Should I run the 2 miles that I said I would? I was also going to do 300 sit ups and push ups, but when I got to it, it was hard. no, no, REALLY hard to do lol.

If you wanna be a police officer, ya gotta be able to catch the bad guys. So get movin'. ;)

Good luck PastaKing!! Do as much as you can while you have the enthusiasm up. Sometimes it is all that gets you over the line. As to the "cheating", while I agree with the others that you shouldn't think of doing it - be strong - acknowledging human fraility, IF, and only IF, you really can't go without, don't do it as a cheat. Actually programme it into your diet for one meal in a couple of days time from when you feel the "need" - like a reward even. This gives you your craving, allows you to look forward to it, and keeps you in control of your body, rather than the other way around. Just remember to make it a small portion and keep the toppings light. I commend you on your dedication to not only the diet but to a career choice. Good luck, although I am sure you won't need it!

Wow. This sounds like quite an undertaking. I'm doing the South beach diet, and it's much more flexible than this. So I guess I admire both your career choice, and your strenght of will-- I know I'd fail at this. Good luck to you!

Thank you once again for all your support:)

I only ate twice today, and it was just fruit, chicken and veggies.

I think I am going to do some running. I was talking to a guy today, and he told me that if I run, I will burn fat faster and build stamina.

Tonight is more push ups and sit ups. I start running tomorrow, 4 times a week.

This is an amazing undertaking, PastaKing! You know, if you do this for 2 months, it will then be a habit. You're gonna be really buff! I'm rooting for you too!

Good luck in getting the job, Pastaking, and your resolve to get back into shape. Don't forget to drink plenty of water and watch the sodium intake while you're at it. Let us know how it all goes.......

At your current weight losing 20lbs in 3 months is not a difficult diet. That amounts to about 7lbs a month, less then 2lbs a week, and therefore I don't think you should go on a crash diet. Also, I would avoid the fruits for now especially bananas which have large amounts of carbs. You want to stay away from anything that spikes up your blood sugar levels producing insulin which signals your body to start storing fat before you get a chance to burn it off.

Whole wheat pasta and grains in small amounts are ok carbs because they move slowly through your body not causing an insulin spike. Vegetables are ok. For the meats, any lean protein is acceptable, red meat included, top round steak is an example of a lean protein. Same for fish.

You should also make sure you eat every 2.5 to 3 hours. Your food should be divided into 5 or 6 smaller portions per day. You don't want your body going into starvation mode, where it starts going after muscle tissue. So you wanna keep the "furnace" burning.

You said you have to bench 100% of your weight, but you don't mention weight lifting as part of your exercise routine, unless I missed it in another post. You need to do strength training exercises or you're not gonna get stronger. This will also help speed up your metabolism and your body will burn fat faster and more efficiently. Good luck to you!

Last edited:
You said you have to bench 100% of your weight, but you don't mention weight lifting as part of your exercise routine, unless I missed it in another post. You need to do strength training exercises or you're not gonna get stronger. This will also help speed up your metabolism and your body will burn fat faster and more efficiently. Good luck to you!

I do push ups. I did another 100 tonight, and this time did 50 sit ups:)

I don't have any weights, and have not owned any in a while. Gee, come to think of it, I think my last set was back in high school lolol!!

I was thinking of putting up a bar in a door way and doing pull ups as well.

Hey PK... I am behind you all the way. It is a major undertaking, but I think it is a great goal to meet and would love to see you accomplish it. So how is the running thing going? Maybe I can help in that area... I love to run and often make it a game of sorts out of it to keep me motivated. Most of my workouts are only motivated through my personal wants and desires, I can only imagine what I could accomplish if I HAD to do it.

Boy, that's an ambitious diet. An Italian with no bread or pasta? Yikes! Seriously, you CAN do it and we're here to cheer you on. If you have a weak moment, pick yourself up and get right back to it. We'll still be here!

Best of luck to you, Officer! My brother is a state trooper ... we tease him about donuts and coffee! :)

Boy, that's an ambitious diet. An Italian with no bread or pasta? Yikes! Seriously, you CAN do it and we're here to cheer you on. If you have a weak moment, pick yourself up and get right back to it. We'll still be here!

Best of luck to you, Officer! My brother is a state trooper ... we tease him about donuts and coffee! :)

Well when this is all over, I gonna have the biggest plate of
Ravioli

you have ever seen!!

Hey Pasta King sounds like a tough diet especially here in the fattest city in the US cheesesteak capital of the world and all... I find it hard to resist the 3 carts selling bacon egg cheese hoagies on the one block between the EL and my office every morning. Good luck! we need more good cops around here.... not an easy place to be an officer either so I am sure you will be happy to be more fit.

Hey Pasta King sounds like a tough diet especially here in the fattest city in the US cheesesteak capital of the world and all... I find it hard to resist the 3 carts selling bacon egg cheese hoagies on the one block between the EL and my office every morning. Good luck! we need more good cops around here.... not an easy place to be an officer either so I am sure you will be happy to be more fit.

youi take the El? Maybe YOU should become a cop lol.

LOL! Always an adventure;) I'm in Kenzo.. the El is the least of my worries... if the muggers dont kill you the takeout here surely will... disgusting stuff.

Did you see that big add in the paper last week? The Philadelphia Police Force is really trying hard to recruit people. I have tons of police friends, and they all tell me how easy it is to get in now. They simply just need people. They even took a bann off. At one time you had to live in Philly to be a cop there, now you don't.

I went out and tried to run. I had no idea I was so out of shape. I ran one mile and felt like I was going to die!! My chest hurt, I was breathing heavy, and I was sweating like a pig! Then I go inside to do some push ups and had this pain shot right up my arm, into my shoulder. I fell to the floor. I could not hold myself up, I was in so much pain.

God, what happen to me? Really. I am so upset here. At one time I was 150Lbs of pure steal. I could eat anything I wanted, and worked out like crazy. I was lifting up cars to show off for the girls at our 7-11 hang out. If they could see me now.........

It doesn't matter though right? I am going to stay with this. I am going to get in shape again. Maybe not like I was when I was 17, but I'll be in enough shape to pass that darn test in May. Even if it kills me.

lol, it just might!!!

Be careful with the exercise. You don't want to wreck your body and not be fit enough to try out for the force. You may be advised to spend the money at the start and get a fitness consult. If you tear a muscle or a ligament or wrench your shoulder at the start, your regime is going to be up the creek. Good luck though. Very brave!!

Hey PK yeah I know they are trying to increase the force which is a good thing. There is so much out in the open crime that I see it is amazing. People know they wont get caught.

On fitness I hear you... for a long time I was able to smoke and drink and eat and feel very little negatives for it... turned 30 and everything changed. Quit smoking (again) 6 mos ago and trying to get myself back into shape too. It is hard becuase my knees are shot so I cant jog which was my preferred exorcize. I do good when I can go to the gym but havent been motivated with the home reno and the new job and moving and all have to get back on that though. When the weather gets nice I will hopefully get a chance to ride my bike more too. Try to eat healthfully but I really can't bring myself to diet. I have put a ban on the bacon egg cheese breakfast hoagie!

Good luck sounds like you are determined. You will be surprised how quickly your cardiovascular strength will improve just keep at it and increase your workout slowly.

I am trying not to report on this thread everyday, but it seems that each day brings new change.:)

I did 100 push ups!!

I did 100 sit ups!!!

And ran the whole 2 miles!!

Was I hurting??? YES !!!

I also had a pasta moment. Is it still cheating if I only have a few fork fulls?:ermm::angel:

I asked my dietticion ( did I spell that right? ), and she said it was ok to have a little. A few fork fulls won't hurt, and that it was better then fighting myself. Ah..........:dry:

All in all I must say, I do feel in better shape.
Doesn't take long to start feeling good, and it hasn't even been a week yet:)

Back
Top Bottom