Solution for a sunburn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's my point. Although luke warm is warmer than room temperature, it is still cooler than your body temperature. But I probably shouldn't comment on this anymore or I'll have to get Buckytom some lukewarm milk! :LOL:

(in my best archie bunker voice)
wrrrrooooonnnngggg!

stifle it, edith.

lukewarm is exactly warmer than your body temp. the definition of lukewarm is if it feels slightly warm to the touch, between 98 and 105 degrees. go look it up.

room temp water is slightly cool to the touch, which i've stated before, and is the maximum temp for a bath or cool compress. or else you might as well just sit in the ROOM TEMP environment that you exist in, and radiate the heat out of your skin naturally.
water increases conductivity, so they help. but any warmer, and you're adding heat to a burn.

ok, i'm done. :)

where's gb with my milk?

sunscreen, sunblock.....please go out there with protection.......it's not worth it.......and if you scar like I do you really don't want skin cancer on your face......you won't look good afterwards, I promise......

ladies back in the Gone With The Wind days women carried parasols (fancy umbrellas for a good reason) my grandmother always wore a huge hat and covered herself when she went to work in the garden...................and she almost had no wrinkles when she died at 89.............she wasn't vain.......just did it as that is the way she was raised up...........

nope, she didn't........these were those big bonnets that the pioneer women wore like Laura Ingalls but the brims covered their entire faces hahahha........made totally out of fabric.................not like Scarlett O'hara hats.........but big ol' bonnets.........

Well, since you said to look it up, I did.

According to:

*Wictionary - lukewarm is nether hot nor cold.

*Collaborative International Dictionary of English - lukewarm is neither hot nor cold

* The Bible: "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold or hot. I wish you were one or the other! So, because you are Lukewarm -- neither hot nor cold -- I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Revelation 3:15-16 NIV).

An example is they tell you that a babies bottle should be lukewarm. Check it on your wrist and if it feels neither hot nor cold, the temperature is right. Or, just ask a Dermatologist!

Okay...Now I'm done! :LOL:

So how is that sunburn?

Last edited:
Was out with my son today by the lake and got sunburned! :( Bought the solarcaine aloe vera gel, but not working well. Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

Apple cider vinegar on a washcloth. Put it in the vinegar, wring an lay on the burn. It will very quickly lift the heat out and relieve the pain. It's amazing how well it works.

I use fresh aloe as well. I have the plant which is very useful. It works well for bug bites too.

I use fresh aloe as well. I have the plant which is very useful. It works well for bug bites too.

I use the aloe... after the vinegar. The vinegar really does remove the heat quickly.. The aloe replaces the moisture.

Well you may not like the idea of smelling like applecider vinegar but it will be just for a short time and the stuff definetly works. Have someone rub the vinegar all over the sunburned area and within a short time the sting from the sunburn will leave and before you know it the pain is all over with.

I would suggest the aloe as well. And use lots often. Probably every couple hours I would suggest lathering another layer. If you're having difficulty sleeping at night because the heat and pain Deep Cold cools your skin down and will make you feel restful enough to sleep.

I'm trying to read everything, but haven't finished. I want to tell you that a tall glass of alka-sektzer really helps, all around. It gives you all that sunburn wants: Aspirin, water, and salt. I've had heat exhaustion before, and a tall glass of alka-seltzer with an ice cube or two tossed in really helps.

i can definetly swear to the applecider vinegar idea because that is what i use on my sunburns and it knocks out the sting in a very short time.

i can definetly swear to the applecider vinegar idea because that is what i use on my sunburns and it knocks out the sting in a very short time.

:) Thank You to the ones that recommend the apple cider vinegar I suggested it earlier in the post and someone pooh poohed it. If you are worried it will sting, which it doesn't add a little water it dos work great.

Well you may not like the idea of smelling like applecider vinegar but it will be just for a short time and the stuff definetly works. Have someone rub the vinegar all over the sunburned area and within a short time the sting from the sunburn will leave and before you know it the pain is all over with.

I like the soaking a hand towel in the vinegar and lay it over the burn.. It feels like ice hitting the burn!!

I've been on this site for 3 years......you will always find that someone will disagree with you or your recommendations......so what.............that's why this site is enlightening........if you believe strongly and it works for you then persevere........you are not going to change someone's mind by arguing with them......it' futile........that's what's nice about a site like this........you get lots of great ideas and you pick and choose what pertains to you and or might benefit you........with the collective minds and experiences of people on here........you're looking at a lot of wisdom and a myriad of personalities......we're the DC stewpot..........

when you’ve got a sunburn, drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. this helps keep you from getting dehydrated. so drink plenty of liquids. Although this doesn’t prevent you from getting sunburned, it will prevent you from passing out.

Back
Top Bottom