Supersize Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Seriously?

I'm not saying I believed the film, I mean there were some truths about it. The film was obviously targeting obesity and obese people in the US. Since Morgan is pointing his finger at the fast food business for making people obese, he is trying to make them look bad.

A pound of bacon and 6 eggs?!?!??...............wow

Derg:)

I'm not sure if you would have had coverage of this in the US, but a teacher here in Canada (Biology I think) went on the same diet as the guy in Supersize me and LOST weight, (17lbs?) and maintained a healthy blood pressure etc. The difference was, he exercised like a fiend throughout. His point was that as long as you burn off the calories you take in, you will be OK weight wise.

Yes I recall reading that study as well Alix.

If memory serves, Morgan was an active guy before he started this test, but as soon as he started then he stopped all exercise.

So you do bascially get your money's worth of nutrients and fats, but you need to keep them balanced with excercises.

Derg

I believe in the fillm he reduced his exercise to that of an "Average New Yorker". Meaning he walked X number of miles a day, and then took cabs if he went over on his "Daily Mileage".

My 14-year old niece who's struggling with excess weight issues saw the movie and got permanently turned off by McDonald's and similar chains. Good for her.

Maybe I'm too gullable but I'm never going to McDonalds and Burgerkings ever again, and I'm gonna tell that to my kids too:mad:

Derg

It has been only a show luring you interested eating them!!
Ordinary MAC has sold beef stuff in their hamburgers. I don’t like them due to saturated oil and scrap beef in their stuff, just obtained a suggestion from a doctor “Pleased stay away from cholesterol” Only sometime, I’ve teased them.

In my near residence, If I rush till nothing to eat, I’ll probably select the convenient store selling an appetizing ham for that meal.

:) I usually go there like what once a few months. As a person who knows cooking:-p I like to cook my own food, but if I'm on the road for like 4 hours then fast food is unavoidable unless I make my own food and make a mess in my car:chef:

Derg

I have a daughter who is a vegetarian, so we do not eat there. An dI only eat there as an emergency and if my daughter is not wiht me. Sorry...I do support her as much as possible.

I saw it, the movie I mean and it was truly disgusting. Ick to fast food!

I actually got to watch this "train wreck" of "misinformation propaganda" from beginning to end one day between Christmas and New Years. It's even worse than "Reefer Madness"!

This is a guy who had been on a vegan diet and puked (with film footage of the parking lot outside the driver's door thanks to his videographer) from eating a single Big Mac and a regular order of fries which was clearly more food than he was accustomed to eating AND A SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT DIET. And, as he pointed out - was used to walking 4-5 miles a day ... and cut down to 5,000 steps per day.

Do you want to guess how many lawsuits would be filed against a drug company, and the FDA, for approving a drug based on the results of 1 individual test?

What about the guy that ate 3-9 Big Mac's per day and was skinnier than Morgan?

And the title, "Super Size Me" ... LOL, what a joke. According to the film - he ONLY bought a "super sized" meal if he was asked if he wanted to "super size" it ... a total of only 9 times in a month.

I'm all for promoting good nutrition ... crap like this only makes it harder to convince people of the truth. Again, I will say that this is the culinary equivalent of "Reefer Madness" ...

When people quit trying to propogate an agenda and just promote the truth - then perhaps we can accomplish something positive? But, as long as you're just feeding them BS ... they will not listen to anything you say.

LOL - I only eat at McD's about 3-4 times a year ... it's the bad science I object to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom