Sweet Potatoes w/ Pineapple Broth
Source of Recipe
1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes - e-mail
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon low-fat margarine
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped unsweetened pineapple
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of allspice
- Vegetable cooking spray
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Boil potatoes in water in large saucepan until tender, about 30 minutes; remove skins. Mash pulp in large bowl; add margarine, fruit juice, and broth and whip until fluffy.
Add chopped pineapple and spices; transfer to 1-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes or lightly browned.
One serving equals: Calories: 67, Fat: 0.3 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 14 mg, Protein: 1.1 g, Carbohydrate: 15.2 g ++++ Exchanges: 1 Bread/Starch
HEALTHY EATIN' RECIPES 2003