"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 12-03-2011, 02:34 AM   #51
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Was there any black leather? This might turn into an....
Sadly no Timothy she is a vegan.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:42 AM   #52
Chef Extraordinaire

My paternal grandmother died at the age of 99 from the complications of a broken hip. She smoked Camel straights from the time she was 16 until 3 months before she died. I think she died because they forced her to quit smoking when she was in hospital. Not that I'm advocating smoking, but people die because of all kinds of things. I don't think my mom will die from having the odd glass of Coke. And yes, she likes the notion of pulling one over on my brother. He can be somewhat overbearing, but I love him anyway.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #53
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile
Thank you for the comments about my Mum, about 8 wks ago she had a fall physically she was just a bit bruised as she fell on grass( she would then only use the walking frame inside as she said it was bad enough being seen with a stick) the fall did scare her and she went off her food. The doc prescribe a small shot of sherry before lunch and dinner, this did the trick.

Nb for obvious reasons the sherry was kept in her bedroom, after 5 days she asked for another bottle I gently said Ma dont you think you should take it easy, she laughed and said Darling I never drink on my own. Her two friends both in wheel chairs come to visit. My kid brother wants to bug the room
This is Mum at 93yrs
What a sweet lady, Bolas! She sounds like a real fun character!
Old 12-06-2011, 02:20 AM   #54
Executive Chef

Thanks Dawg she has renewed her joie de vivre because she has formed a "bad boy" friendship with Shirley a retired Womens Magazine editor who will not leave her room unless she has put her make-up on and Evo short for Everard a 89 yrs old one eyed lothario.Yesterday when we visited the craft lady was their, she asked what games they would like to play at the Christmas party, Evo replied musical chairs
Old 12-07-2011, 02:11 PM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolas De Fraile
Thanks Dawg she has renewed her joie de vivre because she has formed a "bad boy" friendship with Shirley a retired Womens Magazine editor who will not leave her room unless she has put her make-up on and Evo short for Everard a 89 yrs old one eyed lothario.Yesterday when we visited the craft lady was their, she asked what games they would like to play at the Christmas party, Evo replied musical chairs
That is just so cute!