"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,041
When I see an argument starting, I just no longer reply. It is hard to argue by yourself.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #22
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
When I see an argument starting, I just no longer reply. It is hard to argue by yourself.
Good advice!
__________________

__________________
cave76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #23
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
When I see an argument starting, I just no longer reply. It is hard to argue by yourself.
with your fishy background, I was wondering why you didn't set straight the record in the clam issue.

now I know. you bunches smarter than the average clam (eater).
__________________
dcSaute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcSaute View Post
with your fishy background, I was wondering why you didn't set straight the record in the clam issue.

now I know. you bunches smarter than the average clam (eater).
Took my time to see what others had to say first.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #25
Sous Chef
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 511
aaah.

that'd be "True Grit" - no?
__________________
dcSaute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #26
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: here
Posts: 3,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
When I see an argument starting, I just no longer reply. It is hard to argue by yourself.
I disagree with you.

Well one thing for sure, beef steaks one week after sell-by date are fine with me.

One important test: if the product smells bad, don't use it.
__________________
Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #27
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcSaute View Post
aaah.

that'd be "True Grit" - no?
Sometimes it pays to let other shine.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.