"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 01-19-2005, 01:43 PM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles
We originally said Tuesday for weigh-ins, then Friday was better for most people, except me coz I can't weigh at home, only at work. So I posted Tuesday weight in anyway!!! Sorry for the confusion, it's in my nature to cause as much confusion as possible :roll:
I think either or both days will work.

:D

Old 01-19-2005, 03:32 PM   #22
Executive Chef

I read everyone's posts but forgot to add my own on Tuesday. I weigh the same, 130 lbs., but my goal was to exercise more. In one weeks time I think I have exercised four of the days. Today I decided to try and exercise in the morning since thats when I have the most energy. I think I will write down the days that I work out, just to keep track of how consistent I am. The first week of exercise (last week) was hard because I was sore for several days. This week I feel alot better, not as sore.

congrats to everyone for sticking to their goals!

Old 01-19-2005, 05:46 PM   #23
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
I'm joining the gym and dreading it! I have never seen any other fat people in the gym, they're all sylphe like and fit and gorgeous. But I know eathing healthily is only half the story so it has to be done. If anyone has any exercise tips or inspiration (or wants to give me a kick up the backside to get me going) feel free!!!!
Old 01-19-2005, 06:39 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Hi Kyles... I know you can do it.
I think the first time will be the hardest but, once you're through the
door you'll be fine!

Take some headphones and your favorite CD's! Pretend that you're riding that exercise bike to the beach or through a park.
And have races with yourself!!
Old 01-19-2005, 07:23 PM   #25
Hospitality Queen

It's always a good idea to make a friend at the gym and then you two can hold each other responsible for showing up and working out.
It seems like if you talk during work outs, the time flies, and you have a great time :)
Old 01-19-2005, 08:18 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
I'm joining the gym and dreading it! I have never seen any other fat people in the gym, they're all sylphe like and fit and gorgeous. But I know eathing healthily is only half the story so it has to be done. If anyone has any exercise tips or inspiration (or wants to give me a kick up the backside to get me going) feel free!!!!
I used to belong to a gym about 5 years ago. I saw people that were old, young, fat, and trim. The main thing is, who cares, everyone is there for the same reason. I made "exercise friends", those that I would see everytime I went to the gym ( and they were old, young, fat, and slim).

I used to wear some clingy but stretch shorts that were about mid length, and a loose shirt, but as time when by and I gained confindence, I eventually wore a smaller shirt because my stomach slimmed down and I was proud of myself. I had so much confidence in myself while going to the gym, I was better than some of the guys.

One thing about gyms is, you have to figure out what time is best for you. My time was at 5.30 am. If you go around 3 or so, your gonna hit up with the high school crowd. If you go at night you might find a group of various ages. I used to spend two hours at the gym, between working out and then taking time to shower and do the jacuzzi. It's well worth the two hours!

On edit, dont talk too much during your workout, most of my friends just did the workouts and talked in the locker room, or just a minute in between sets. Mostly I noticed teens tend to chat more than work out and take up the benches and aerobic machines. Very annoying to those teens that are reading this! Oh and wipe the benches down with alcohol please lol.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:29 PM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
Wear loose fitting clothing that you feel comfortable in. Also, go buy yourself an outfit to workout in. Make it seem special. When I started working out again, I bought myself a new pair of shoes to exercise in. The main thing is to exercise at your own pace. I had to stop exercising with one friend because I found myself trying to keep up with her. Most of all have fun!!

I exercised today on the treadmill and universal weight machine. I really enjoyed the exercise and it made me forget about the problems of my world. I find exercising a huge stress relief.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #28
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to kyles
You and I are on the same page Sierra Cook, I have found my exercise outfit, and will buy it on pay day! Our gym at work doesn't run to luxuries like spas and saunas I'm afraid, but we are so lucky to have a free gym on the premises. I haven't found a gym buddy, I have suggested it to a couple of larger ladies at work, so hopefully one will decide to join me.

The fitness instructor is designing a program for me, and will incorporate things I can do at home in case I chicken out of the gym!
Old 01-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #29
Master Chef

I prefer to workout with another person and the person that I usually ask has not been well motivated to exercise. So, I went by myself. Today, I did not exercise in the gym, but walked out in the woods. It was a beautiful day. Clear, cold, with a deep blue sky. I actually got warm and had to peel a layer. Thank Heaven for long underwear and insulated snowpants. It's a good thing that I wore regular pants under my snowpants, so I could take the snowpants off.

Good luck with the execising, kyles. Keep up the great work. :)

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:16 PM   #30
Executive Chef

I still weigh the same, 130. I exercised yesterday (monday), and today so far this week.