"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 09-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #21
Executive Chef

Appreciate

I do miss some things on this site and this is one I am happy I didn't. This is great information and how thankful to you for taking the time to post. I should take more time to read everything. Instead hit and miss a lot.

Old 09-09-2005, 11:36 AM   #22
Head Chef

am - -reporting in!! I found Braggs this week and bought a bottle. I just drank my first "cocktail." I expected to grimace through the whole 8 oz., but it was quite tasty! Thanks again for the great info! Once a day for me

callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #23
Executive Chef

Good for you Callie

Way to go. Just don't forget to drink it Let us know how you do. Always anxious to hear good reports. You will notice difference I am sure.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:48 PM   #24
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by callie
I expected to grimace through the whole 8 oz., but it was quite tasty!
I'm glad you enjoyed it! Personally I don't care for the taste much and I definatlely grimace the whole way through... I'm up to 3xday and I really do notice a difference, especially if I forget!
Old 09-09-2005, 02:21 PM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
does it have to be apple cider vinegar? i like rice vinegar, straight, or red wine vinegar, or even balsamic...
I guess it would kind of defeat the purpose if I dumped French bread in olive oil and balsamic vinegar before the meal?
Old 09-19-2005, 10:13 AM   #26
Head Chef

After my first 10 days of the acv/honey/hot water regimen, I'm reporting in...

I'm drinking two "cocktails" (their word not mine ) a day. One in the morning and another late afternoon/early evening. I can definitely tell a difference in my appetite. Maybe that's where the weight loss comes in - I'm not as hungry. I'm eating much smaller portions. So far, I'm committed to sticking with it!

Old 09-19-2005, 10:47 AM   #27
Executive Chef

Good News!

callie, way to go! What we or I like to hear. Making a difference is great. How is your energy? Are or you one who never has to slow down? Thanks for sharing. Only encouragement for the rest of us to continue. Keep it up! Keep us posted on your progress. Like to hear something positive.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:02 PM   #28
Head Chef

itk, I started walking in May...not power walking, just a brisk walk for an hour in the mornings five days a week. I can tell a difference in my energy level from that! I feel so much better. As so many on here have said, just getting outside in the fresh air makes a world of difference. I'm not a high energy person - but I'm certainly feeling better!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Old 09-19-2005, 04:16 PM   #29
Executive Chef

Happy to hear it

callie, that is the spirit! Just by the way you post lets one know that you are feeling energy. I am sure all your efforts will be rewarded. Just don't give up! You go, girl.
Old 09-19-2005, 04:21 PM   #30
Executive Chef

norgeskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by norgeskog
I have a book quoting the value of vinegar, apple cider and white, in health and diet. They recommend drinking 1 tsp vinegar (either) and 1 tsp honey to glass of water 1/2 hour before meals.
Thanks for the reminder! I feel so great when I get to drink this tonic. It can only help. Many, many people who I know that are healthy and up in age, believe in this. You only have to ask to remind them that they do. They feel so good when you tell them you agree with them. Only takes someone like you to remind me of something so beneficial. Hope you don't forget to take yours. Person gets caught up in other things.