"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 01-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Senior Cook

VOSS Water

We were at TJ Maxx tonight and my boys saw Voss water for sale. ( Sparkling Mineral Water | Bottled Water Suppliers | Artesian Water Company) The only reason they wanted it was because they had seen a reference to it in a recent comedy movie we had watched. On a whim I bought them each a bottle. I'm no water connoisseur, but this stuff tasted awesome! I tasted the non-sparkling version. It almost had a lightweight feel to it...very silky. I won't be investing in it again, but I was just surprised at how different it was. Still tasted like water, just had a different mouth feel to it...and very clean-tasting. Yummy!

Has anyone else had it?

Old 01-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #2
Sous Chef

I have not tried it, but I for one have never noticed much difference in bottled waters. Even the kind made from melted glaciers just resulted in a shrug. My bf swore up and down the glacier water was the best he had ever tasted. It's kind of funny, because I am relatively picky about my water- I grew up on crystal clean tap water (I live in the land of the ten thousand lakes), so I have to filter my city water, because I can't stand the smell of the chlorine. Most people wouldn't notice it, and the water is otherwise one of the best sources of tap water in the country. My friend from California marveled that he could drink the water right out of the facet. Anyway, maybe now that the thread is at the top again, someone who has tried the water you're asking about will see it :)

Old 01-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Senior Cook

Thanks, Skittle!
Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #4
Master Chef

i bought that several months ago. found that 2 be the same as most other 1.79/bottle drinks!~
i'd way prefer GUS pop!~
Old 01-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
Head Chef

I like their sparking water but have had their still water as well and agree about the mouth feel. I wonder if it has something to do with it being a glass bottle? A friend of mine uses her's everyday with her own tap water. She can toss the bottle in the dishwasher and swears it makes her water better.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMediger View Post
I like their sparking water but have had their still water as well and agree about the mouth feel. I wonder if it has something to do with it being a glass bottle? A friend of mine uses her's everyday with her own tap water. She can toss the bottle in the dishwasher and swears it makes her water better.
I'll be sure and keep a bottle and use it that way! I drink LOTS of tap water.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:44 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

i refill bottles also. i buy the cheap house brand. i buy about once a month so can get clean bottles. tap water and the fridge. taste just fine to me. i had one of those Britta things, took forever to filter the water.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #8
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo
i refill bottles also. i buy the cheap house brand. i buy about once a month so can get clean bottles. tap water and the fridge. taste just fine to me. i had one of those Britta things, took forever to filter the water.
I have a britta water pitcher that just stays in the fridge- it takes awhile to filter, but it doesn't matter, because it always has already filtered water in it so that I don't have to sit there and wait for it
Old 01-30-2011, 03:00 PM   #9
Head Chef

We had a Britta when we lived in the city but don't need it here. I recycle the plastic bottles too but think the glass does come cleaner. As a side note, you can run cheap vodka through a Britta and it will become smoother.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #10
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMediger
We had a Britta when we lived in the city but don't need it here. I recycle the plastic bottles too but think the glass does come cleaner. As a side note, you can run cheap vodka through a Britta and it will become smoother.
True- but which is more expensive: buying better vodka, or ruining one of those filters?? (mythbusters tested this one, and I believe they called it either confined, or at the very least, plausible)