"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 08-10-2006, 10:06 PM   #101
Chef Extraordinaire

3am: lamb souvlaki in a whole wheat pita, with a side of piaz (bean salad), and a 40 of bud.

8am: pretzels, trail mix, oj, cranberry juice.

1pm: low fat tuna salad on a plain bagel, spicy blue corn tortilla chips, pickles, diet ginger ale.

5pm: sushi - tuna, salmon, yellowtail, eel, shrimp, and a california roll. also iced tea.

10pm: hopefully i'll make it to my fave thai place tonight for dinner. oops, they close soon, gotta run...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:13 PM   #102
Master Chef

My favorite grilled chicken breasts made in advance and frozen. A tomato-from-the-garden, basil-from-the-garden and mozerella salad. And especially for diabetic hubby who needed an extra cup of starch, I took leftover rice, packed it in a one cup measuring cup lined with olive oil, nuked it for a minute, turned it over, and drizzled it with balsamic. He was very impressed with the meal, especially the rice timbale.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:39 PM   #103
Chef Extraordinaire

yay!!! i made it in time.

i had tom yum gai (spicy and sour soup with herbs, mushrooms, scallions, and chicken), and kuai tiaw noodles (steamed chicken and rice noodles, topped with dried thai bird chilli flakes, chopped scallions, bean sprouts, and ground peanuts. i added some cilantro and a coupla tbsps. of sriracha sauce.) oh, and a singha beer.

my mouth is still on fire, and i actually sweated just sitting there. it was great!!! spicy and delicious.

the only bummer is that i noticed the singha fit into a water glass, so i looked at the bottle. they are only 11.2 ozs..

Old 08-16-2006, 11:33 PM   #104
Sous Chef

Breakfast- a piece of toast with a ton of peanut butter on it and a few slices of banana and a drizzle of honey

snacks-
an iced coffee concoction with malt powder, cocoa powder, sugar, and milk
a couple spoonfulls of peanut butter

dinner- super club sandwhich
(1 slice Wonderbread +mirical whip +lettuce +cheddar cheese +tomatoe slice +turkey +slice wheat 'n nut bread +regular mayo + slice swiss cheese +turkey +onions +raisons +honey mustard +another slice wonder bread)
Old 08-17-2006, 12:16 AM   #105
Chef Extraordinaire

we had kelbasi with grey poupon on multigrain seed/nut bread, corn on the cob, and garlic and cheese mashed taters for (what normal people call) dinner.

another midnight shift, so i'm headin' out for sushi. the parasites have taken over my cerebral cortex, and force me to eat sushi at least once a week. it's probably to bring on more of their compatriots, increasing the gene pool.

tasty little bastids...

Old 08-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #106
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
It's only 10 a.m. here but so far, at approximately 4:45 a.m. I had 5 Tbs Ovaltine disolved in 11 ounces of 1% milk, 1 vitamin pill, 1 polycosinol gelcap, three Psyllium capsules, and two 5000 mg fish oil capsules, then I went to the gym for 30 minute of cardio and drank a 700 ml bottle of Propel, grape flavor. Since then, I have had 4 cups of coffee with 1 tsp turbinado sugar and 1 Little Moo half & half each, a banana, two hard boiled eggs, and two slices of banana bread.

For lunch I have a 6 ounce mahi-mahi fillet with coconut-caramel sauce, mixed vegetables, and jasmine rice, which I originally made for Sunday dinner and packaged and froze the leftovers for lunches all week, currently thawing out in my desk drawer, waitng to be nuked.

Mid-afternoon I will most likely have a couple of handfuls of Deluxe mixed nuts and maybe an orange. Before I go home from work, I will take 1 vitamin pill, 1 polycosinol gelcap, three Psyllium capsules, two 5000 mg flaxseed oil capsules with 700 ml of water.

Supper will be a large salad with thousand island dressing and shredded colby and monterey jack cheese, and a glass of Spanish Rioja. My bedtime snack will be 8 oz of fruit flavored yogurt, and two peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #107
Assistant Cook

2 sugar cookies, a lemon bar, 4 slices of pizza, and oatmeal cookie, and 2 different kind of bars

and some oatmeal for breakfast...
Old 09-03-2006, 02:14 AM   #108
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Lau
... and 2 different kind of bars
Being a holiday weekend I only enjoyed 1 bar ... I can walk home from it!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:22 AM   #109
Chef Extraordinaire

sushi deruxe (2 toro, 2 tai, 3 sake, 1 ebi, 1 gunkan masago, and a tuna roll) at 3am. got a coupla extra pieces of hamachi, tako, and white tuna also.

does anyone know the japanese word for white tuna? also, exactly what fish does it come from?

then i had a leftover mystery marinated pork chop and baked beans at 9am.

next were appy platters i shared with my boy around 6pm. prosciutto, pickles, and polish rye (try not to spit ), and jonah gold apple slices with peanut butter.
hey, that's what happens when you let a 2 year old decide what he wants in the fridge.

dinner was takeout italian: fried calamari appy, chicken ceaser salad, scungilli fra diavolo with spaghetti, and baked ravioli parm.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #110
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to Caine
Nothing yet, but I am on my third cup of coffee, and I have eggs, a potato, shredded cheddar, and ground beef sitting on the counter waiting to come to room temperature so they can become a fritatta.