What did you eat today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For breakfast, I'll have all bran porridge and a piece of fresh fruit. I must stick to soft foods right now as I had a tooth pulled out yesterday! I hope this is going to lead me to lose a few pounds... :)

Tartine said:
For breakfast, I'll have all bran porridge and a piece of fresh fruit. I must stick to soft foods right now as I had a tooth pulled out yesterday! I hope this is going to lead me to lose a few pounds... :)
Umm, what time is it where you live? Its 12:35 here.

today I had shredded wheat with a little skim milk, an apple, and homemade chai coa coa with a little splenda for breakfast. I'm thinking about making some California rolls and asian salad for lunch and veggie kabobs for dinner.

Breakfast: Corn flakes, skim milk and banana, whole wheat toast with strawberry preserves, coffee
Snack: banana
Lunch: tuna salad on red leaf lettuce and cherry tomatoes
Snack: Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
Early Dinner: Luby's Chipotle chicken, steamed broccoli. whole wheat roll, a taste of cherry pie, water...lots and lots of water
and that's ALL I'm eating today!

Banana Brain said:
Umm, what time is it where you live? Its 12:35 here.

Belgium is CET + 1. Well... Might be CET+2 or CET if you take summer savings into account. I usually wake up when most of you go to bed! :)

Right now, I'm doing sugar free oatmeal for breakfast and lunch, and a sensible dinner...and drinking plenty of cold, cold water. The colder the water, the more calories burned!!! They're saying 12 glasses of water a day!!!

I have kept a daily diary of everything I injest, along with my weight and activities, for months now, and believe it or not, just journaling like that has helped me to shave off a few pounds. Not a lot, mind you, but about 10-12 since February. It seems that on weekdays, I have coffee, then a granola bar and a piece of fruit in the morning (maybe a second piece of fruit or small can of fruit late morning), a sandwich and chips or slaw in the afternoon, with a little something sweet a bit later if I feel like it, then a regular homemade dinner of some sort, a can of soda and sometimes an Edy's fruit bar in the evening. Weekends, of course are far different with eating out and not sticking to a schedule, and that sometimes brings the weight back up a bit, only to be lost when the schedule returns to my workday one. In the long run, it appears to be burning more than taking in, so I'm pretty happy to just journal and not really "diet". My only real conscious effort is to not reach for a soda whenever I feel thirsty. I feel like one a day is good, with two cans on the weekends. I like soda, and can't get used to diet ones, so this is what I decided to do.

BC

Tartine said:
Belgium is CET + 1. Well... Might be CET+2 or CET if you take summer savings into account. I usually wake up when most of you go to bed! :)

Eh, so Belgium is not on CET?:ohmy: Like the same as Great Britain then? Wow... I didn't know... your neighbour Holland was on CET so I just took it for granted that you guys would use CET as well... and you don't use daylight savings time during the summer either? wow... you learn something new every day!!

For breakfast i had some kashi with a little milk and a banana. for lunch I am going to try either a potato pancake or some potato salad and something with coconut and banana. For dinner I am going to try to make some banana bread.

erinmself said:
For breakfast i had some kashi with a little milk and a banana. for lunch I am going to try either a potato pancake or some potato salad and something with coconut and banana. For dinner I am going to try to make some banana bread.
Someone really likes bananas, eh?
I do to! Best fruit ever. And of all the fancy desserts I've ever tried, my favorite is still bananas with whipped cream and maybe pecans.

I haven't been keeping up with this - had some less than spectacular days diet wise during my illness, but regardless - here's today:

1/4C oatmeal (was supposed to be half, but I didn't much enjoy my attempt at PB&Banana oatmeal, so I only ate half of it)

Some l/f pretzels, baked Doritos, a donut, and a bowl of cherries - off to a concert shortly so will have a piece of protein cheesecake (very yummy, by the way) and then will try not to eat too terribly at the show

I do like bananas, bananabrain. They are the best thing I can go for when I really want something sweet. I am trying to cut way down on sugar and salt and fat. I am going natural. Today I had a fruit and yogurt parfait made with some berries, fat free yogurt with a little vanilla extract, and some kashi on top for a crunch for breakfast. Right now I am having some chai tea. I am going to attempt some more California roll type things for lunch (less wasabi this time). I am not sure about dinner yet.

For breakfast, I had a Greek yogurt with 2/3 of a nectarine (the other third had gone bad) and a small red plum.

Gah! Yesterday, we went out for the WC final and I had 3 glasses of wine and 2/3 of a veggie pizza... Well, I had been to the gym before that but I'm not sure it made up for it!

yeah I did and it was kinda sour but I am trying to stay away from sugar, salt, and fat for diet reasons so I am getting used to the natural taste of things. It's not so bad.

Today I had some Kashi for breakfast with bananas on top and a glass of chocolate silk, I made some "stoplight chowder" (what I call it at least) for lunch, and I am thinking of making some veggie stirfry for dinner, maybe with a little tofu.

A lot I think. Breakfast: A bowl of instant apple-cinnamon oatmeal made with 1/3 cup milk and 1/3 cup water. Plus half a quik-fix bean burrito with a high fiber tortilla and refried beans. Lunch: About ten tiny little chocolate chip cookies (they were like ten cal each) that I just got from Trator Joe's and a bowl of carrot-ginger soup. Plus some crackers, a bit of french bread, and some taste-test PB and J's (see my other post, hehe). And a bunch of vanilla soymilk to wash it all down. Snack: Taco (pretty small I guess, the shell was like 50 cal) with ground beef, rissoto rice, refried beans, lettuce and salsa. Plus another big sip or two of vanilla soymilk.

that sure was a fun post BB. How many PBJ's did you eat total?

Today I had toast with jam and chocolate silk for breakfast, I am trying to make some toquitos for lunch if I can manage to make a good tortilla, and for dinner I am making some bruschetta and not sure what else.

erinmself said:
that sure was a fun post BB. How many PBJ's did you eat total?

Usually I just had a 1/4 of a sandwhich (half a peice of bread folded over the filling) for my tests. But I definatly had at least a few entire peanut-butter sandwhiches total.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom