"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 07-07-2006, 02:57 AM   #41
Assistant Cook

For breakfast, I'll have all bran porridge and a piece of fresh fruit. I must stick to soft foods right now as I had a tooth pulled out yesterday! I hope this is going to lead me to lose a few pounds...

Old 07-07-2006, 03:29 AM   #42
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartine
For breakfast, I'll have all bran porridge and a piece of fresh fruit. I must stick to soft foods right now as I had a tooth pulled out yesterday! I hope this is going to lead me to lose a few pounds...
Umm, what time is it where you live? Its 12:35 here.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:18 AM   #43
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to erinmself
today I had shredded wheat with a little skim milk, an apple, and homemade chai coa coa with a little splenda for breakfast. I'm thinking about making some California rolls and asian salad for lunch and veggie kabobs for dinner.

Erin
erinmself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:09 PM   #44
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Breakfast: Corn flakes, skim milk and banana, whole wheat toast with strawberry preserves, coffee
Snack: banana
Lunch: tuna salad on red leaf lettuce and cherry tomatoes
Snack: Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
Early Dinner: Luby's Chipotle chicken, steamed broccoli. whole wheat roll, a taste of cherry pie, water...lots and lots of water
and that's ALL I'm eating today!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:08 AM   #45
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Brain
Umm, what time is it where you live? Its 12:35 here.
Belgium is CET + 1. Well... Might be CET+2 or CET if you take summer savings into account. I usually wake up when most of you go to bed! :)
Old 07-08-2006, 04:41 AM   #46
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Erik
Right now, I'm doing sugar free oatmeal for breakfast and lunch, and a sensible dinner...and drinking plenty of cold, cold water. The colder the water, the more calories burned!!! They're saying 12 glasses of water a day!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #47
Sous Chef

I have kept a daily diary of everything I injest, along with my weight and activities, for months now, and believe it or not, just journaling like that has helped me to shave off a few pounds. Not a lot, mind you, but about 10-12 since February. It seems that on weekdays, I have coffee, then a granola bar and a piece of fruit in the morning (maybe a second piece of fruit or small can of fruit late morning), a sandwich and chips or slaw in the afternoon, with a little something sweet a bit later if I feel like it, then a regular homemade dinner of some sort, a can of soda and sometimes an Edy's fruit bar in the evening. Weekends, of course are far different with eating out and not sticking to a schedule, and that sometimes brings the weight back up a bit, only to be lost when the schedule returns to my workday one. In the long run, it appears to be burning more than taking in, so I'm pretty happy to just journal and not really "diet". My only real conscious effort is to not reach for a soda whenever I feel thirsty. I feel like one a day is good, with two cans on the weekends. I like soda, and can't get used to diet ones, so this is what I decided to do.

BC
Old 07-08-2006, 11:45 AM   #48
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartine
Belgium is CET + 1. Well... Might be CET+2 or CET if you take summer savings into account. I usually wake up when most of you go to bed! :)
Eh, so Belgium is not on CET? Like the same as Great Britain then? Wow... I didn't know... your neighbour Holland was on CET so I just took it for granted that you guys would use CET as well... and you don't use daylight savings time during the summer either? wow... you learn something new every day!!
Old 07-09-2006, 03:39 AM   #49
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to erinmself
For breakfast i had some kashi with a little milk and a banana. for lunch I am going to try either a potato pancake or some potato salad and something with coconut and banana. For dinner I am going to try to make some banana bread.

Erin
erinmself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #50
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinmself
For breakfast i had some kashi with a little milk and a banana. for lunch I am going to try either a potato pancake or some potato salad and something with coconut and banana. For dinner I am going to try to make some banana bread.
Someone really likes bananas, eh?
I do to! Best fruit ever. And of all the fancy desserts I've ever tried, my favorite is still bananas with whipped cream and maybe pecans.