What did you eat today? Accountability thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Breakfast just the leftover half of my coffee with half-and-half and a touch of sugar from yesterday that I'd left in the fridge.

This was my lunch (to see the pic just scroll your mouse over the first item on the menu, [URL="http://www.macaronigrill.com/menu/default.asp?catID=153&tierID=36&Unit_ID=725%2E176%2E0002&menuType=Lunch"]Lobster Ravioli[/URL]

It was wonderful.

A also had part of the loaf of herb bread that came in the meal dipped in a bit of EVOO, a small part of the salad that comes before the meal with this big-flat cruton type thing, and an after-dinner peppermint. Then just one yogurt coated pretzel.

I don't think I'll be having dinner tonight, because it was a pretty big late lunch and I'm not particularly hungry at all.

Last edited:
worked 11p to 11a, so i was kinda crispy when i got home. been cruising on adrenaline all day. my boy is so much fun i didn't even notice i was beyond exhaustion until about 9pm.

but, for eats today:

i ate with my birds for brunch: peanuts, almonds, dried papaya and mango, granny smith apples, organic carrots, cheez-its, and sliced cukes from the garden. also, a few serving spoon mouthfuls :angel: of mac and cheese, and some fried bologna that i made my son for lunch.

for diiner, i made a batch of the chorizo, swiss, and spinach stuffing i used in chicken and pork the other day. so we munched on that with some fresh polish rye bread and butter.
then i made spicy turkey sausage with fennel seed, peppers, onions, garlic, and oregano, with just a little sugo.

the salsicce con peperone was awesome!!!
i fried 6 links in evoo in a 12" non-stick skillet, with 4 garlic cloves cut into chunks over medium low heat. i've found turkey sausage toughens easily, or burns and breaks apart if cooked on too hot a temp, so i kept the heat low, turning the sausage and chunks of garlic often. they both browned nice and gently, with the sausage cooking just about through. they were set aside.
there was a good fond in the pan, which was picked up when i added a little more evoo, and a red and vidalia onion, cut into rings, then halved, over medium heat. the onion was frequently tossed, with just a dusting of dried oregano added. when the onions have just softened a bit, they were dumped over the sausage and garlic.
same pan, more evoo, then a few green bell peppers (cored, seeded and pithed, cut into strips), more dried oregano. as the peppers just begin to soften, the sausage, garlic, and onions were added back into the pan, with about a cup of plain tomato sauce, and 2 bay leaves were nestled in.
the pan was covered, and let simmer on very low for about 15 to 20 minutes.

since i cooked everything relatively gently and not too long, the sausage was very tender, and the onions and peppers were still al dente, not mushy.

buckytom said:
worked 11p to 11a, so i was kinda crispy when i got home. been cruising on adrenaline all day. my boy is so much fun i didn't even notice i was beyond exhaustion until about 9pm.

but, for eats today:

i ate with my birds for brunch: peanuts, almonds, dried papaya and mango, granny smith apples, organic carrots, cheez-its, and sliced cukes from the garden. also, a few serving spoon mouthfuls :angel: of mac and cheese, and some fried bologna that i made my son for lunch.

for diiner, i made a batch of the chorizo, swiss, and spinach stuffing i used in chicken and pork the other day. so we munched on that with some fresh polish rye bread and butter.
then i made spicy turkey sausage with fennel seed, peppers, onions, garlic, and oregano, with just a little sugo.

the salsicce con peperone was awesome!!!
i fried 6 links in evoo in a 12" non-stick skillet, with 4 garlic cloves cut into chunks over medium low heat. i've found turkey sausage toughens easily, or burns and breaks apart if cooked on too hot a temp, so i kept the heat low, turning the sausage and chunks of garlic often. they both browned nice and gently, with the sausage cooking just about through. they were set aside.
there was a good fond in the pan, which was picked up when i added a little more evoo, and a red and vidalia onion, cut into rings, then halved, over medium heat. the onion was frequently tossed, with just a dusting of dried oregano added. when the onions have just softened a bit, they were dumped over the sausage and garlic.
same pan, more evoo, then a few green bell peppers (cored, seeded and pithed, cut into strips), more dried oregano. as the peppers just begin to soften, the sausage, garlic, and onions were added back into the pan, with about a cup of plain tomato sauce, and 2 bay leaves were nestled in.
the pan was covered, and let simmer on very low for about 15 to 20 minutes.

since i cooked everything relatively gently and not too long, the sausage was very tender, and the onions and peppers were still al dente, not mushy.
That sounds great. Good job. I want some of that EVOO fried sausage and al dante veggetables.

My son and I decided to cook a bit too much today. We had homemade pancakes for breakfast (coffee for me of course), homemade pizza with Canadian bacon, peppers, mushrooms and black olives, homemade marble cake, and homemade enchiladas are already made for dinner tonight. Lots of water and green tea all day.

The last of my whole grain shredded wheat for breakfast.

a nice fresh peach around 10:30 a.m.

Burger King garden salad for lunch.

Dinner is TBD - I'm not touchin' that nasty BBQ pizza.

Coffee for breakfast
Hot and sour soup for lunch... the local place makes it so good!!
Beef jerky for a snack
along with licking the bowl after I made some frosting.

Dinner will be French dips with onion and Swiss cheese
and dessert will be Mexican Brownies!

A bowl of Strawberry mini wheats for breakfast.
Chicken fingers and a few fries for lunch.
Dinner was Salisbury steak and potato/cheese pierogies.

breakfast: whole wheat toast and banana/strawberry yogurt smoothie, coffee

lunch: baked fish fillet, green leaf lettuce/carrots/cucumbers/hard boiled egg salad, light ranch dressing, water, green tea

Doing good so far...after all the carbs I had yesterday, geeze!, I better be good today!

I had a 1/2 cup of blueberries and a 1/2 cup of cherries. We are having a heat wave in San Diego and I don't feel like eating. I guess I should be glad I could lose a few pounds.:)

brekkie: Mickey D sausage/egg/cheese biscuit w/hash browns, followed by modest cup of Lucky Charms w/ Mickey D milk container

nice ripe banana for mid-morning snack

another lovely peach at lunch w/my Burger King dollar burger

afternoon: bottle of Killian's that sat in the freezer too long to get cold ( a beer-sicle?)

dinner - TBD. Still too hot to cook. Or am I just really lazy these days?

breakfast: Honey Bunches of Oats cereal and 1% milk, coffee

lunch: turkey sandwich w/lettuce, tomato, pickles, miracle whip on whole wheat bread

snack: whole wheat/oatmeal apple pancake, coffee

dinner: shrimp with General Tso sauce, 3 oz. t-bone steak, salad with raspberry/pecan dressing

Oh, let's see, 5 Tbs Ovaltine disolved in 11 ounces of 1% milk, 1 vitamin pill, 1 polycosinol gelcap, three Psyllium capsules, two 5000 mg fish oil capsules, 1 prilosec OTC, 4 cups of coffee with 1 tsp turbinado suger and 1 Little Moo half & half each, 1 bowl Cinnamon Pecan instant oatmeal, 2 handfuls of dry roasted almonds, 700 ml water, 5 spinach ravoli w/ tomato sauce, 2 Italian sausage links, 1 slice of garlic bread, 12 ounces Coca Cola Zero, 1 EAS Advant Edge Protein bar, 1 vitamin pill, 1 polycosinol gelcap, three Psyllium capsules, two 5000 mg flaxseed oil capsules, 700 ml water, large salad with 3 Tbs thousand island dressing, 2 oz shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese, 12 garlic and cheese croutons, 6 oz Cabernet Sauvignon, 8 oz of fruit flavored yogurt, and two oatmeal rasin cookies. I think that's it.

Last edited:
Haven't posted here in a while...oops, here's what I ate today:
oatmeal with 1% milk, cinnamon sticks and brown sugar, whole wheat toast with raspberry jam and coffee
lunch: tuna salad on 5 Ritz low-fat crackers and a "virgin" piña colada (pineapple juice, coconut milk and crushed ice)
snack: a few spoons of pancit with chicken and lots of green tea
dinner: Southern chicken, bean and cheese burrito, salad and more green tea

I had coffee for breakfast with vanilla cream
and tomato soup for lunch. I swore and promised myself
that that's all I was going to eat until dinner... then my son
brought me a Micky D's double cheese buger and well.. I couldn't
hurt his feelings and not eat it.. after all he'd spent a dollar on it! Don't ya just love dollar menus?

This is just an idea for Silver. But one (not so reliable way) to keep track of calories and stuff is to use a website. It'll keep vitamin tabs too.

I realize you're in Canada and its a US site, but http://mypyramidtracker.gov/ is a good start. I started to use it, but for opposite reasons. The hard part is that I can't be sure how accurate it is because I had an enchilada last night, and went to put it in, and I'm not sure how many enchiladas I had since there are no dimensions or weights for certain foods.

But fitday.com is probably better.

Last edited:
I had...
2 cups of organic blueberries, an orange, 6 glasses of 8oz water, 2 slices of whole grain bread, a free-range chicken breast with some raw spinach, and some split pea soup for dinner. I think that's it.

Back
Top Bottom