"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 07-23-2006, 07:05 PM   #81
Sous Chef

Breakfast just the leftover half of my coffee with half-and-half and a touch of sugar from yesterday that I'd left in the fridge.

This was my lunch (to see the pic just scroll your mouse over the first item on the menu, Lobster Ravioli

It was wonderful.

A also had part of the loaf of herb bread that came in the meal dipped in a bit of EVOO, a small part of the salad that comes before the meal with this big-flat cruton type thing, and an after-dinner peppermint. Then just one yogurt coated pretzel.

I don't think I'll be having dinner tonight, because it was a pretty big late lunch and I'm not particularly hungry at all.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:36 AM   #82
Chef Extraordinaire

worked 11p to 11a, so i was kinda crispy when i got home. been cruising on adrenaline all day. my boy is so much fun i didn't even notice i was beyond exhaustion until about 9pm.

but, for eats today:

i ate with my birds for brunch: peanuts, almonds, dried papaya and mango, granny smith apples, organic carrots, cheez-its, and sliced cukes from the garden. also, a few serving spoon mouthfuls of mac and cheese, and some fried bologna that i made my son for lunch.

for diiner, i made a batch of the chorizo, swiss, and spinach stuffing i used in chicken and pork the other day. so we munched on that with some fresh polish rye bread and butter.
then i made spicy turkey sausage with fennel seed, peppers, onions, garlic, and oregano, with just a little sugo.

the salsicce con peperone was awesome!!!
i fried 6 links in evoo in a 12" non-stick skillet, with 4 garlic cloves cut into chunks over medium low heat. i've found turkey sausage toughens easily, or burns and breaks apart if cooked on too hot a temp, so i kept the heat low, turning the sausage and chunks of garlic often. they both browned nice and gently, with the sausage cooking just about through. they were set aside.
there was a good fond in the pan, which was picked up when i added a little more evoo, and a red and vidalia onion, cut into rings, then halved, over medium heat. the onion was frequently tossed, with just a dusting of dried oregano added. when the onions have just softened a bit, they were dumped over the sausage and garlic.
same pan, more evoo, then a few green bell peppers (cored, seeded and pithed, cut into strips), more dried oregano. as the peppers just begin to soften, the sausage, garlic, and onions were added back into the pan, with about a cup of plain tomato sauce, and 2 bay leaves were nestled in.
the pan was covered, and let simmer on very low for about 15 to 20 minutes.

since i cooked everything relatively gently and not too long, the sausage was very tender, and the onions and peppers were still al dente, not mushy.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:43 AM   #83
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
worked 11p to 11a, so i was kinda crispy when i got home. been cruising on adrenaline all day. my boy is so much fun i didn't even notice i was beyond exhaustion until about 9pm.

but, for eats today:

i ate with my birds for brunch: peanuts, almonds, dried papaya and mango, granny smith apples, organic carrots, cheez-its, and sliced cukes from the garden. also, a few serving spoon mouthfuls of mac and cheese, and some fried bologna that i made my son for lunch.

for diiner, i made a batch of the chorizo, swiss, and spinach stuffing i used in chicken and pork the other day. so we munched on that with some fresh polish rye bread and butter.
then i made spicy turkey sausage with fennel seed, peppers, onions, garlic, and oregano, with just a little sugo.

the salsicce con peperone was awesome!!!
i fried 6 links in evoo in a 12" non-stick skillet, with 4 garlic cloves cut into chunks over medium low heat. i've found turkey sausage toughens easily, or burns and breaks apart if cooked on too hot a temp, so i kept the heat low, turning the sausage and chunks of garlic often. they both browned nice and gently, with the sausage cooking just about through. they were set aside.
there was a good fond in the pan, which was picked up when i added a little more evoo, and a red and vidalia onion, cut into rings, then halved, over medium heat. the onion was frequently tossed, with just a dusting of dried oregano added. when the onions have just softened a bit, they were dumped over the sausage and garlic.
same pan, more evoo, then a few green bell peppers (cored, seeded and pithed, cut into strips), more dried oregano. as the peppers just begin to soften, the sausage, garlic, and onions were added back into the pan, with about a cup of plain tomato sauce, and 2 bay leaves were nestled in.
the pan was covered, and let simmer on very low for about 15 to 20 minutes.

since i cooked everything relatively gently and not too long, the sausage was very tender, and the onions and peppers were still al dente, not mushy.
That sounds great. Good job. I want some of that EVOO fried sausage and al dante veggetables.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:02 PM   #84
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
My son and I decided to cook a bit too much today. We had homemade pancakes for breakfast (coffee for me of course), homemade pizza with Canadian bacon, peppers, mushrooms and black olives, homemade marble cake, and homemade enchiladas are already made for dinner tonight. Lots of water and green tea all day.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:06 PM   #85
Executive Chef

One sloppy joe and a brat on a bun with mustard.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:10 PM   #86
Chef Extraordinaire

The last of my whole grain shredded wheat for breakfast.

a nice fresh peach around 10:30 a.m.

Burger King garden salad for lunch.

Dinner is TBD - I'm not touchin' that nasty BBQ pizza.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:08 PM   #87
Executive Chef

another sloppy joe.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:16 PM   #88
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Coffee for breakfast
Hot and sour soup for lunch... the local place makes it so good!!
Beef jerky for a snack
along with licking the bowl after I made some frosting.

Dinner will be French dips with onion and Swiss cheese
and dessert will be Mexican Brownies!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:24 PM   #89
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
A bowl of Strawberry mini wheats for breakfast.
Chicken fingers and a few fries for lunch.
Dinner was Salisbury steak and potato/cheese pierogies.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #90
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
breakfast: whole wheat toast and banana/strawberry yogurt smoothie, coffee

lunch: baked fish fillet, green leaf lettuce/carrots/cucumbers/hard boiled egg salad, light ranch dressing, water, green tea

Doing good so far...after all the carbs I had yesterday, geeze!, I better be good today!