What Oil Is The Healthiest for Deep Frying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grapeseed Oil Nutrition Facts

Grapeseed oil is beneficial for many medicinal problems. Let's take a look at the list which illustrates the grapeseed oil nutrition.
  • Grapeseed oil reduces LDL (bad Cholesterol) and increases HDL (good cholesterol), which in turn helps in keeping your arteries clear.
  • Omega-3, Omega-6, and Omega-9 are the fatty acids found in grapeseed oil. These fatty acids benefit us by forestalling any heart diseases and influence the biological properties in our body. Read more about Omega-3 essential fatty acids.
  • Grape seed oil contains high levels of Vitamin E, which is a fat-soluble antioxidant. It aids in preventing any cell membrane related injuries.
  • Grapeseed oil helps the immune system and increases the blood circulation as well.
  • After any surgery or an injury, grapeseed oil reduces the swelling faster than any other medicines.
  • Flavonoids found in grape seed oil work to inflect cell-signaling pathways. Oregon State University states, "The Flavonoids have an antioxidant behavior that responds to iron and copper that bond to proteins". Read more about flavonoids health benefits.

I have to take the Plavix...I don't see that I will be able to take the other essential oils, too. There is such a thing as too much anti-platelet action. Means I will definitely have to give up juggling with knives.:LOL: I'm already noticing a slowed clotting time, never saw a papercut bleed that much!

Mine is Simvastatin

Shrek takes Pravastatin and Simvastatin seem to be okay with grapefruit juice from what I have read.

Lipitor has much stronger warnings. I got put on 3 new meds, that I have still not read up on all the interactions on. Lipitor, Plavix and Coreg. Oh what fun! I take more meds than some of my patients.

Shrek takes Pravastatin and Simvastatin seem to be okay with grapefruit juice from what I have read.

Lipitor has much stronger warnings. I got put on 3 new meds, that I have still not read up on all the interactions on. Lipitor, Plavix and Coreg. Oh what fun! I take more meds than some of my patients.
The Simvastatin just has the sticker on the bottle saying no excess grapefruit or grapefruit juice.

The Simvastatin just has the sticker on the bottle saying no excess grapefruit or grapefruit juice.

Before the Lipitor, I was drinking a half gallon of Ruby Red a day...I love the stuff. I switched to it when I gave up Pepsi.

WARNING WARNING!!! yes i know i am raising my voice. all of you on new meds.be careful to as the dr. about drug interactions with each other. especially the cholesterol drugs and anti depression meds. that is how i lost most of the muscles in my legs. caused all my falls and make it impossible to walk. took lots of therapy to get that muscle back. so question, question, question.

With a heart patient at home I don't do a lot of cooking with oil, but I have taken the time to study the pros and cons a little bit. In my opinion no oil is better, but the next best is a natural food like peanut oil or olive oil. I prefer peanut for frying as it does not dilute the natural taste of food as much as olive oil does. If you ever ate an egg fried in olive oil you will understand my reluctance to do it twice. Olive oil has a place in my kitchen but not in my fried foods.

If you want to make your chips and wings a tad more healthy, switch to pure sea salt with no addiives (you won't use as much), and drain the foods well on towels before you serve. You want the food to taste yummy not dripping in grease. . .

Nice post linicx and I agree with you that no oil is better. At the time this thread started I was running what we call a "Fish and Chip" business where we were frying a half ton of potatoes into chips each week with a lot of battered pieces of fish.

Our oil of preference was Palm oil, it was the most sturdy, followed closely by Rice Bran oil. Canola did not have the durability of these oils nor the clean product finish. Palm and Rice oil are very thin oils compared to other vegetable but very durable.

Like you, I personally prefer Peanut oil for our own use but dare not use it commercially. The peanut allergy thing in this country is beyond belief. If we were to cook with peanut oil we would need to advise each and every customer. We see "Traces of peanuts may be found on this product" often on processed crumbed food.

CharlieD apparently resurrected this thread ====== Charlie, cook out a half dozen knobs of garlic in your new oil and all the fishy flavour will be gone

G'Day AndyM

BTW. After eating fish and chips fried in Palm oil almost every day for eight years [I love my F&Chips] my cholesterol is steady at 4. So apart from stacking the weight on the rest is fine.

Back
Top Bottom