Wheatless bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GaArt

Cook
My first attempt at wheatless bread didn't turn out so good.
It actually tastes good, but because I had to stop in the process, I don't think it rose as well as it should have...let me splain

I'd gone to the health food store and bought flour to make the bread. I started the sponge for the bread and had already added the bean flour... I was going to make it half bean and half brown rice flour.... the brown rice flour was full of bugs. So I went ahead and used all bean flour and went ahead and let it proof. The next day I put the sponge in the fridge and took it out this morning. But it never really rose up as well as it had, even though I added more yeast.
So I mixed it up...let it rise and formed the loaves and re-rise. Baking.. but it was half raw...
The stuff actually tastes good, but like I said it was just off.
I'll keep on trying and let you guys know what's happening.

Yes, bugs.. at a health food store.. I had some friends over at Cooks online that looked around and they are Indian meal moths.
Very hard to get rid of..

But anyway. I made another batch of the bread.. ciabotta.. and it turned out better, but I think that a different type of bread would be better than the ciabotta to make wheatless. Something very light I think would be better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom