"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2016, 02:48 PM   #11
Head Chef

Hehum, two lines are missing!

I did write
"I agree with you GotGarlic. People so hope for miracles."

Oh well this been interesting day.. *grr* Thank Good I have type memory for 3 hours.

Old 12-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Thanks to everyone for your comments on this crazy sounding diet!! I agree wholeheartedly with all of you. I'm sticking to what my grandfather used to say (he lived to 103!), " Eat everything in moderation" and in his 80s and 90s, he was a fan of See's chocolates!! Also, very interesting about flax seeds! Thanks, again, everyone!! Happy Holidays!!!

Old 12-03-2016, 07:52 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyCooks View Post
Has anyone tried the Whole 30 diet? I have a friend who has just started it. She expects to lose at least 30 pounds in a month! Really? This sounds a little strange to me. I've read the diet. It centers around whole foods (that's good!) -- no preservatives, additives. It also doesn't allow any kinds of breads (☹️) pasta, rice, sugar (real or artificial), or dairy. It claims to be a detox diet, but I can't believe that anyone can lose that much weight in a month. Is this just another "gimmick" diet or does it really work?
I think your original question is "can" she loose 30 lbs in a month. If a person is very very obese, yes she can, but if she isn't she won't. What you've described is what I've been doing for a long time now, restricting my diet to no more than 60g of carbs a day, and most days with far less than that. Like others, I think it's a mistake to not include dairy. This life style is manageable with cheese and butter.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:17 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyCooks View Post
Has anyone tried the Whole 30 diet? I have a friend who has just started it. She expects to lose at least 30 pounds in a month!
Is she planning on having a body part amputated?

Tags
diet