Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi guys. newbie here, on Atkins since November '07. Alwasy looking for creative ways to make my meals while still behaving myself :)

Welcome to DC!! You should check out our health and nutritional forums. You will find a bunch of recipes and ideas there.:)

The most helpful thing I found were sauces and marinades. You can cook a chicken breast a thousand different ways with those two things. And most of them have next to no calories.

i guess is should add my 2 cents here. i allowed my hormonal eating, as i call it, to get out of control, and now my stomach feels bigger than usual. :(

guess that's it for goodies for the rest of the summer. i lose weight slooooowly.

I'm happy to report that since last October I have lost 17 pounds and kept them all off!

Nice job, redkitty! And Suzi too!

I just finished another refreshing Tae Bo routine. I used exercise bands this time and it nearly killed me! Hopefully the baby will start going to bed at 8 EVERY night so I have more time to work out with DH. (It's always easier to do it with someone else).

Tae Bo sounds like it would be alot of fun, and great for working off extra frustration!!!
I felt like kicking stuff this morning.... that woulda been nice!
Do you use a DVD or go to a class?

DVD all the way. That way no one can see my terrible technique! :LOL:

Really though, I like the convenience of doing it at home. I don't need a babysitter, I don't need to use gas, etc. It does lack variety though, but since I'm just getting back into it after having a baby I haven't gotten bored yet.

And yes, it is very fun! My siblings make fun of me (but ask them how much they weigh :ohmy:).

LOL!!!!
Thanks I'll have to check that out....
I like home stuff way better too. I've got a couple DVD's I like alot, but throwing something completely different in the mix would be great!!

If you want to throw in something a little different, try this!

YouTube - ZUMBA!!!!!

It's called Zumba. A friend of mine on babytalkers.com absolutely loves it. It's a bit too "daring" for me though. lol. I actually don't think I could even move my body like that!

If anyone is on Antidepressants forget about loosing weight. It won't happen.... I've been there and still am there. They all give you an appetite. Big waste of time to even try. Try to get off if ya can then try to loose weight. These drug companies make me:mad: they don't tell you what you should know before you get on this stuff.

you can lose weight even if on anti depression meds. just depends which one. i take them and just lost ten pounds. course i was sick. lolbabe

I never had a weight problem until I started taking an antidepressants for sleep. I don't know anyone who looses taking these unless you are like you said sick. Sorry to hear that.

I'm resurrecting this thread! My youngest daughter is getting married in June and I have a lot of weight to lose. I've done it before...I lost 100lbs. about 30 years ago and kept it off for quite a few years but some (okay...a little more than some) of that weight has come back and I want to ge rid of it by June. I've put a weight loss section on my website to help me stay focused on cooking low calorie, low fat foods. Tonight was Chicken Fettucine...It was quite good!

So...who's with me?

Attachments

• chicken-fettucine-0.jpg
    chicken-fettucine-0.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 86
Both of those look yummy!

I'm starting again today to make myself feel better if weight loss ensues so be it. I've had some grapefruit, whole wheat toast, 1 oz cheddar and 4 oz Spicy V-8 for breakfast. I'm going to pick up a friend and go to the Spa to do water aerobics at 10:00. I've already made a big old salad for dinner and thawed Talapia to bake. The guys will get Zucchini Parmesan bread to go with their's and Chocolate ice cream with rasberries for dessert. I will have a Chai tea with fat-free half & half milk (oxymoron?) sweetened with Stevia for dessert.

I wanted to let those on anti-depressants know that Elavil for sleep made me want carbs/sweets. BAD. I got off of it and started moving around more during the day and meditating - quiet relaxing (whatever you want to call it) before bed helped me sleep. Also, keeping your sleep patterns consistant helps.

Good luck to everyone!

Those ^^^^ dishes look great.

I'm going to try the Special K 2 week deal. I also need to figure out some sort of cardio schedule.

Back
Top Bottom