"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 12-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #1041
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

Yay, I need all the help I can get!
Go Laurie!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #1042
Certified Cake Maniac

I had a huge melt-down last night. TB got off early and got a ride home with a supervisor, but he had driven our car there with a coworker who lives just down the road so he left the car for him to drive home. This meant we had to wait up for the friend to bring the car back (he doesn't have access to our section of the underground to park it). So we sat up watching the Voice until midnight and then finished after the car was safely home and got to be about 1 am.

I am struggling to get my crocheting done for gifts needed on Saturday and have been having problems. I shouldn't have been working on it so late, but I did and made several mistakes. I am really having a problem with meals when TB is at work because I am so limited on what I can eat and I hate eating alone. Not a great combination. So, last night I had some noodles with butter and Parmesan. None of those items are on my diet.

I also had a Coke Zero earlier in the day. And I have been basically housebound for two days because of the weather. I think this and being tired is what caused me to crumble. Poor TB had to sit and listen to me cry and vent for another hour with neither of us getting to sleep before 2 am. That can be usual for me, but he has to put in another shift today.

I just don't know what I can do about the cheating. This isn't a weight-loss diet. It is a lifestyle change because my body can't process certain food items. So cheating doesn't just keep the pounds on, it causes reactions - both physical and emotional.

I am very frustrated right now and tired.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #1043
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm so sorry, Laurie. Maybe this would help. On Sundays I check the newspaper to see what is on sale and then make a weekly menu. Then I make a shopping list based on what I already have and what I need to make the items on the menu. So you could plan for easy dinners on the nights when TB is working and have the ingredients on hand.

Take care. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #1044
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
This may amount to TMI, but I just went to put on my nightie and both my good ones are in the wash (one in wash, one in dryer) and I wanted to wash the clothes I had on. So I went into my drawer and found one I have kept but has been too tight to wear.

It FITS!!!!!
Congratulations!! That is the most wonderful feeling, good for you! What a great feeling of accomplishment!
Old 12-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #1045
Chef Extraordinaire

I went & got my fasting blood work done today. I just recieved an e mail from the doc. that my numbers are looking much better, but no details. I wrote back that I would like to know my numbers. Anxious to get the results after 4 months.
Old 12-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #1046
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
This may amount to TMI, but I just went to put on my nightie and both my good ones are in the wash (one in wash, one in dryer) and I wanted to wash the clothes I had on. So I went into my drawer and found one I have kept but has been too tight to wear.

It FITS!!!!!
We all have clothes in the back of the closet that are going to fit again someday. Your "someday" has arrived. Congratulations. Keep up the good work. I love a success story.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:04 AM   #1047
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I went & got my fasting blood work done today. I just recieved an e mail from the doc. that my numbers are looking much better, but no details. I wrote back that I would like to know my numbers. Anxious to get the results after 4 months.
Here in BC we can register on the computer and have access to all our lab test results. It is supposedly something new they are are trying.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:10 AM   #1048
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm so sorry, Laurie. Maybe this would help. On Sundays I check the newspaper to see what is on sale and then make a weekly menu. Then I make a shopping list based on what I already have and what I need to make the items on the menu. So you could plan for easy dinners on the nights when TB is working and have the ingredients on hand.

Take care. I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks, GG. Part of the problem is that the diet is so limited. I can only eat so much meat a day and mostly poultry. I can have beef once in awhile, but am not really supposed to have it for two months. I can have all the salad greens I want (no spinach for the moment but kale is okay and I like it raw or steamed), most veggies except carrots, corn and peas. So it isn't so much the planning or even having the ingredients, I usually do. It is the boredom of the same things. I can't have bread, potatoes or pasta but can have brown rice (as is, pasta or rice cakes). I think I am also just really tired trying to get things done for the holidays and missing my Dad a lot.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #1049
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Here in BC we can register on the computer and have access to all our lab test results. It is supposedly something new they are are trying.
Same here with our Health Clinic. You can also read your whole record and see what the doctor has written. I have never bothered with it. If it is important, they will call me and talk to me.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #1050
Chef Extraordinaire

LP and PF--I always wanted to be a cheerleader, but I always got passed up during try outs. I can still do the splits (not voluntarily mind you--only when I slip on Saint slime). You go girls!