Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't buy things I shouldn't be eating, but DH does. He will buy a carton of ice cream and eat 1 serving. Guess who finishes it? It hasn't worked that way this time. I ate one serving of that carton and there it sits, in the freezer. I refuse to eat any more of it, no matter how much I like it. I'm declaring war!!!

There is a quart of ice cream in my freezer that my mom bought at Christmas, I keep forgetting to throw it away on trash day, I imagine that it is pretty gross by now. But upside, I didn't eat it!

Since changing how I eat and when I eat my big meal, my salt and sugar cravings have disappeared. I am committed to making a pasta casserole tomorrow. I'm not excited about that (and don't suggest spaghetti squash, I get grossed out prepping it). I only make / eat pasta about once every 6-8 weeks. The last time I had pasta was in January. It isn't pasta that makes people gain weight (pasta is almost 100% carbs), it is the sauce and the portion size that do a person it. I am just not a huge pasta fan--I'd rather have a rice (brown, cargo, wild), purple barley, legumes, almost anything instead of pasta.

I don't buy things I shouldn't be eating, but DH does. He will buy a carton of ice cream and eat 1 serving. Guess who finishes it? It hasn't worked that way this time. I ate one serving of that carton and there it sits, in the freezer. I refuse to eat any more of it, no matter how much I like it. I'm declaring war!!!

Good for you! :clap: I feel the same way about the pail in my freezer. I will probably give it to the neighbours along with the "cake scraps" from my three orders. They love it and so does my body! :)

Forgot to add I did not make it to the pool today. The pain in my left flank escalted to almost as bad as the liver problem I had recently. I had one more morphine left and took it. TB will tell you that for me to voluntarily take anything stronger than Tylenol extra strength (on top of my chronic pain meds) means it is bad. I thought it was sciatica, but it is not travelling down my leg. I figured it was a muscle pull, but now it is moving, getting stronger and is constant, though it does spike when I move.

I know this sounds like an excuse, but really, I am mortified that I only got one pool trip in this week and that I am back to dealing with mystery pains in my side. I thought that was behind me with losing my gallbladder.

I don't buy things I shouldn't be eating, but DH does......I refuse to eat any more of it, no matter how much I like it. I'm declaring war!!!
For some reason, my Dad would torpedo my Mom's weight loss attempts. Whenever she said "I'm going to lose weight" Dad would show up with a box of chocolate-covered cherries. Those were my Mom's fatal flaw! Guess Dad liked her chubby. Good work on avoiding that tub of ice cream Carol!

CG, my DH wants me to lose weight and knows I need it for my health's sake, but still he brings this stuff in the house. The donuts, cookies and chips I don't care about. I can easily pass on them. But he knows chocolate ice cream is my weakness. I still haven't eaten it. It's actually chocolate marshmallow. Yum!

I can't eat pasta because of my blood sugar. Here is a pic of a serving of pasta. This just wouldn't cut it unless I mixed in a load of veggies with it!

images

I LOVE ice cream, really love the stuff. I can't keep it in the house because a carton is 3-4 servings max for me. If I'm going to have ice cream I go out for it, enjoy it and move on. If I had it in the house I would eat it every night until it was gone. Same thing with small candy bars or truffles, they are so easy to pop in your mouth. I wouldn't eat a full sized candy bar every day, but I would eat 2-3 mini candy bars or truffles, doesn't make much sense, but that's how my brain works!:wacko:

Last month I asked Spike to get me some cookies and cream ice cream. I quickly discovered I don't like it as much as I thought I did. So I had one small bowl, it sat in the freezer and when I looked at it last night, it had more ice crystals than ice cream. I tossed the rest of it. Ice cream along with cakes, cookies and other sweet foods, are such that I have learned to not want anymore. Right now my biggest hankering is for dark chocolate. It has just enough bitterness in it, to keep me from going overboard. My taste buds are constantly changing. Now if I could just give up coffee with half and half with sugar, I would be all set. :angel:

For some reason, my Dad would torpedo my Mom's weight loss attempts. Whenever she said "I'm going to lose weight" Dad would show up with a box of chocolate-covered cherries. Those were my Mom's fatal flaw! Guess Dad liked her chubby. Good work on avoiding that tub of ice cream Carol!

So often it is the spouse that will shoot down any attempts for their mate to lose weight. It is a built-in fear factor. They fear that the opposite sex will find their spouse attractive. It takes a health scare to bring the spouse to terms with their mate losing weight. And sometimes then it is still not enough for the torpedo to end. That is when the couple together have to go to the doctor and hear it from that department, just how important it is for the weight loss to occur. Either your spouse loses weight, or you lose your spouse.

My second husband was my torpedo. But I was determined and completely ignored his nasty cracks as to why I was determined to lose weight. After a while he finally got the message and stopped. :angel:

So often it is the spouse that will shoot down any attempts for their mate to lose weight. It is a built-in fear factor. They fear that the opposite sex will find their spouse attractive. It takes a health scare to bring the spouse to terms with their mate losing weight. And sometimes then it is still not enough for the torpedo to end. That is when the couple together have to go to the doctor and hear it from that department, just how important it is for the weight loss to occur. Either your spouse loses weight, or you lose your spouse.

My second husband was my torpedo. But I was determined and completely ignored his nasty cracks as to why I was determined to lose weight. After a while he finally got the message and stopped. :angel:

Been there. Done that!:angel::angel:

I got in the gym today for 90+ minutes. I didn't have much umph. I really struggled through it tonight,

I need some real encouragement tonight. I have found out that I may have a serious problem with my left flank pain. They don't know what it is but I am not to do anything strenuous until they run further tests. They have ruled out sciatica and said that they believe there may be a mass growing in the region, putting pressure on my spine and hip. First the gallbladder/liver scare and now this.

Funny thing is I am more upset with not being able to go to the pool than I am that there is something wrong. I have a strong faith and feel good about this.

I am on heavy pain killers once again and hating it. :mad:

I need some real encouragement tonight. I have found out that I may have a serious problem with my left flank pain. They don't know what it is but I am not to do anything strenuous until they run further tests. They have ruled out sciatica and said that they believe there may be a mass growing in the region, putting pressure on my spine and hip. First the gallbladder/liver scare and now this.

Funny thing is I am more upset with not being able to go to the pool than I am that there is something wrong. I have a strong faith and feel good about this.

So sorry, LP. :(

Thinking. Pool exercises don't have to be walking, the water takes pressure off everything. Can you stand or sit in the water and move your arms? Maybe use a noodle and float around using your arms, it can be front or back. Sit in your chair at home and use water bottles as weights and do arm curls.

Hope you feel better soon!

Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream last night.

the unexpected boys night out (yes I went last Monday too) yesterday was my down fall.
Maybe the drinking must go? Naw,I will get it figured out.

Last edited:
Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream last night.

the unexpected boys night out (yes I went last Monday too) yesterday was my down fall.
Maybe the drinking must go? Naw,I will get it figured out.
I was wondering if it was something else that gave you the munchies. ;)

I think the best thing women can do is not to mention that they are trying to lose weight. Just follow your selected diet and exercise plan without announcing it. If tempting food is brought into the house, "Just Say No!" Don't say "No, I'm trying to lose weight." My DH does this all the time. All of a sudden I will notice that he is eating less at meals and fewer treats. He never mentions it.

Sorry to hear...Keep that strong will of yours! I will keep you in positive thoughts & prayers. Positive thinking can always help. Take care!!! That pool can wait, it will be ready when YOU are.:angel::angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom