"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #1081
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Jabbur, you have no idea how glad this makes my heart to know that my little experiment made that type of change in your life! Thanks for letting me know and I am so excited for you. Good start!

We did my weigh in today and I managed to lose 3 pounds trying to not lose weight. I had a 30 minute walk after work. Still trying to get a gym membership, it's too cold outside for strenuous walking.
Congratulations on your weight loss!! Wish I could say the same..

Old 01-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #1082
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Have you hit that plateau that we discussed at the beginning of your odyssey of weight loss? Don't get discouraged. You may not see the weight coming off, but you will see a change in your body shape. One day you will put your hand on your waist and discover that you actually have one.

Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #1083
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
+1 for the Princess

SB, you have done so well and this was the worst time of the year to try and lose weight. At least with me I know that if I eat the wrong food it will not only make me gain weight but I will get sick too. That is extra incentive. My problem is getting the exercise I need because my fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis are bad right now. I really wish I could go to the pool like you.

Don't be hard on yourself. Think of how far you have come, not how far you have yet to go.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #1084
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Have you hit that plateau that we discussed at the beginning of your odyssey of weight loss? Don't get discouraged. You may not see the weight coming off, but you will see a change in your body shape. One day you will put your hand on your waist and discover that you actually have one.
Thank you addie. I am still working on losing the 3# I gained over Christmas break. My swimming lessons went great tonight!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #1085
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
+1 for the Princess

SB, you have done so well and this was the worst time of the year to try and lose weight. At least with me I know that if I eat the wrong food it will not only make me gain weight but I will get sick too. That is extra incentive. My problem is getting the exercise I need because my fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis are bad right now. I really wish I could go to the pool like you.

Don't be hard on yourself. Think of how far you have come, not how far you have yet to go.
Thank you LP. I need to leave the candy alone I love anything gummy or chewy, I need to get out of this mode. If it were up to me I would give up all food except for candy.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #1086
Chef Extraordinaire

I went for my monthly checkup at Winthrop today. I lost three pounds. And it wasn't because I was trying to. I have been eating. Mostly veggies. Today I had a wax and green bean salad with Ranch dressing. The nurse asked me if I was eating. Really eating. I have been. I was surprised that I had lost. I thought for sure it would show about a five pound gain. I have been picking, picking, picking. In fact I have a big bowl of ice cream in front of me. YUM! What I haven't been eating is carbs. And I don't ever eat sweets or desserts.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #1087
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I went for my monthly checkup at Winthrop today. I lost three pounds. And it wasn't because I was trying to. I have been eating. Mostly veggies. Today I had a wax and green bean salad with Ranch dressing. The nurse asked me if I was eating. Really eating. I have been. I was surprised that I had lost. I thought for sure it would show about a five pound gain. I have been picking, picking, picking. In fact I have a big bowl of ice cream in front of me. YUM! What I haven't been eating is carbs. And I don't ever eat sweets or desserts.
YAY!! I always thought ice cream was a sweet, a dessert AND a carb! YAY!! Thanks, Addie for breaking that myth!

Old 01-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #1088
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
YAY!! I always thought ice cream was a sweet, a dessert AND a carb! YAY!! Thanks, Addie for breaking that myth!
I saw an episode of Iron Chef a couple weeks back where ice cream was made using beef fat. I don't know if it was a savory, or sweet ice cream, but the judges loved it. If it was a savory ice cream, it would be low carb.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 AM   #1089
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
I saw an episode of Iron Chef a couple weeks back where ice cream was made using beef fat. I don't know if it was a savory, or sweet ice cream, but the judges loved it. If it was a savory ice cream, it would be low carb.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Sorry, Chief, not going to try beef fat ice cream sweet OR savory - Not going to happen!

Old 01-11-2013, 05:24 AM   #1090
Chef Extraordinaire

I realize the fat for ice cream comes from the family of bovines. But I want the fat from the right place. The udders.