"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 01-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #1131
Chef Extraordinaire

Well done SB and Fi

Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #1132
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I was back in the pool today for the first time since last saturday & it felt so wonderful. My second swimming lesson was tonight. I absolutely love it. Need to continue to practice but it's all starting to make sense. Mom in the hospital all week. They plan to discharge her tomorrow, very crowded there. She is still in alot of pain but they say medicare doesn't pay just because you are in pain or have enough strength. I am so discusted with them!
Great job, ladies!

SB, I understand your frustration. Would that my mom could have gone into assisted living following her hospital discharge. You are an angel to do so much!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #1133
Chef Extraordinaire

I had my 4th swimming lesson tonight. All is going well. Still working on the breathing correctly. I was doing better but tonight just seemed to have more anxiety. talked with instructor & she asked what was going on. I told her about mom living here, we did some unique stetches & deep breathing, I was amazed what a difference it made. Taking a break from lessons for a couple of weeks until we get things figured out here. I will continue to practice. Weight at a standstill now. Still exercising & trying to eat right but no change in the weight. To busy making sure everyone's needs are met lately.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:15 PM   #1134
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
I had my 4th swimming lesson tonight. All is going well. Still working on the breathing correctly. I was doing better but tonight just seemed to have more anxiety. talked with instructor & she asked what was going on. I told her about mom living here, we did some unique stetches & deep breathing, I was amazed what a difference it made. Taking a break from lessons for a couple of weeks until we get things figured out here. I will continue to practice. Weight at a standstill now. Still exercising & trying to eat right but no change in the weight. To busy making sure everyone's needs are met lately.
Please take care of yourself, SB. Sure hoping for the best for you and your family!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #1135
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Maintainin' is better than gainin'!

Do take some time for yourself, you will be better equipped to take care of others!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #1136
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I had my 4th swimming lesson tonight. [...]
You done good! Excellent! I learned to swim (and skate) almost about the same time I learned to walk, so I can't really get my head around "pool anxiety." However, the little boy I am teaching to swim has "pool anxiety." He "lost" his suit during swimming lessons and everyone laughed. He's very sensitive. He loves that when we go to D**'s apartment to swim, we have the pool to ourselves. The family has a trip booked for FL the end of February. I hope to get the little lad comfortable in the water so he can enjoy the hotel pool while they are there.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #1137
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm down another 3 pounds on weigh-in yesterday. I need to up my calories, I'm losing too fast for my comfort. I want to stick to 2 pounds a week, at this rate I am having problems with my blood pressure going too low and my body isn't adapting to the lower weight like it should.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:14 PM   #1138
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm down another 3 pounds on weigh-in yesterday. I need to up my calories, I'm losing too fast for my comfort. I want to stick to 2 pounds a week, at this rate I am having problems with my blood pressure going too low and my body isn't adapting to the lower weight like it should.
Oh boy. Hope you can get things under control, PF.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #1139
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh boy. Hope you can get things under control, PF.
I have an appointment for medication adjustments tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #1140
Chef Extraordinaire

I

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
This is why I don't own a scale and I turn my back when I get weighed at my doctor's office. I go by if my clothes fit/are too tight. I don't want to get fixated on how much I weigh. I have very large bones, I weigh a lot for a person who wears the size of clothes I wear.