"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 01-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #1171
Certified Cake Maniac

I have re-lost two of my five pounds! But that really is just secondary. I am feeling better, not in so much pain, finding it easier to stay on the diet and much more active again. I think it was probably just the cold I had. I tend to eat carbs when I have a cold but now I know that carbs are not my friend - most of them I am allergic too and they zap me of energy and bother my pain levels. I can have certain carbs of course, just not the real bad ones - sugar (all forms natural and refined), startches, etc.

I am even going to go to bed early tonight to see if I can get up and go to the pool - first time since the summer!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #1172
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I have re-lost two of my five pounds! But that really is just secondary. I am feeling better, not in so much pain, finding it easier to stay on the diet and much more active again. I think it was probably just the cold I had. I tend to eat carbs when I have a cold but now I know that carbs are not my friend - most of them I am allergic too and they zap me of energy and bother my pain levels. I can have certain carbs of course, just not the real bad ones - sugar (all forms natural and refined), startches, etc.

I am even going to go to bed early tonight to see if I can get up and go to the pool - first time since the summer!
Well done! Glad you are feeling better, don't be so hard on yourself you're doing great!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #1173
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13 View Post
Well done! Glad you are feeling better, don't be so hard on yourself you're doing great!
I didn't think I was being hard on myself at all - in fact I meant that post to be all positive!

Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #1174
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I didn't think I was being hard on myself at all - in fact I meant that post to be all positive!
It was meant as a response to a previous post you made when you said you're not doing well at all.
Glad to hear you are back on track, you go girl!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #1175
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I love it when research supports a theory.

Meal timing matters for weight loss success - Health - CBC News

I have been eating my big meal (most days) for breakfast since June. The waistband of the jeans I wore in May, well, I can hold the waistband away from my waist 6 inches. How much weight have I lost? Who knows, I don't own a scale. What I do know is that I've shrunk 2 full sizes and am halfway between a size 10 and 8. And, I feel a lot better. I have challenged several friends who have wanted to lose weight to give it a try for 30 days. One is down 1 dress size since the beginning of January. The other is almost there. It works. Give up this North American notion of loading up in the evening. Take the time to load up in the morning.
Good for you! What a wonderful feeling that is!!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #1176
Chef Extraordinaire

Did not have much extra time today after work but I snuck in the gym for 50 minutes this afternoon. I got 28 minutes on the elliptical & lifted some weights for awhile. felt good.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #1177
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I love it when research supports a theory.

Meal timing matters for weight loss success - Health - CBC News

I have been eating my big meal (most days) for breakfast since June. The waistband of the jeans I wore in May, well, I can hold the waistband away from my waist 6 inches. How much weight have I lost? Who knows, I don't own a scale. What I do know is that I've shrunk 2 full sizes and am halfway between a size 10 and 8. And, I feel a lot better. I have challenged several friends who have wanted to lose weight to give it a try for 30 days. One is down 1 dress size since the beginning of January. The other is almost there. It works. Give up this North American notion of loading up in the evening. Take the time to load up in the morning.
We have been eating our main meal at noon for at least a year because of TB's work. I do feel it has made a difference and with my new food constraints I end up having a good breakfast, a big lunch and then a small salad or yogurt or tsasiki on a rice cake for dinner and I am fine. I mentioned I get munchies in the evenings, but my raw pumpkin seeds handle that. I am not even taking that many of them at once!

Thanks CWS for this article and congratulations on your success!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #1178
Chef Extraordinaire

Deep water class last night felt great. Mom had back surgery today, lots of family here staying with us, off & on for awhile, so I am finding it very difficult to get the time to get in the gym. Still watching portion sizes closely, just need to get more into the fruits & vegetables.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #1179
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

SB, I've been eating my big meal at lunch...still can't do the huge breakfast thing. At lunch I manage to get in 4 servings of vegetables (fruits) in my salad. Two servings of greens (spinach and romaine), one serving of tomatoes, and a one serving of mixed carrots, onion, chopped green or black olives OR craisins, strawberries, etc. On top of that goes my meat serving, usually chicken or tuna.

Snack in the AM is fruit, snack in the afternoon is fruit. Breakfast is my carb chow down with 9 grain toast, butter and fruit spread - 2 slices and a Banana. I take my meds with a V-8 juice. Dinner---time to slow down, tonight I had two slices of 9 grain, toasted with two slices of Pepper-Jack cheese. I have two cups of coffee (breakfast and when I get home) during the day and the rest of the time I drink water. Sometimes, if I feel wobbly, I will have a hot chocolate before I head to bed.

Anyway, that's how I got fruit and veggies in during the day. As for my weight loss, that has stalled because of medication changes...again.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #1180
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
SB, I've been eating my big meal at lunch...still can't do the huge breakfast thing. At lunch I manage to get in 4 servings of vegetables (fruits) in my salad. Two servings of greens (spinach and romaine), one serving of tomatoes, and a one serving of mixed carrots, onion, chopped green or black olives OR craisins, strawberries, etc. On top of that goes my meat serving, usually chicken or tuna.

Snack in the AM is fruit, snack in the afternoon is fruit. Breakfast is my carb chow down with 9 grain toast, butter and fruit spread - 2 slices and a Banana. I take my meds with a V-8 juice. Dinner---time to slow down, tonight I had two slices of 9 grain, toasted with two slices of Pepper-Jack cheese. I have two cups of coffee (breakfast and when I get home) during the day and the rest of the time I drink water. Sometimes, if I feel wobbly, I will have a hot chocolate before I head to bed.

Anyway, that's how I got fruit and veggies in during the day. As for my weight loss, that has stalled because of medication changes...again.
Thanks for the tips, I 'll give that a try. I enjoy breakfast as long as it's not a busy day of catering breakfasts, I love to eat in the morning. It's tough to stop for lunch as it's a busy time so lunch is usually around 3:00 for me. At suppertime I would much rather just snack my night away rather than eat a meal. There are so many people (family) in & out of the house, with different meal schedules, it's making it a challenge to stay on track.