"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 03-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #1201
Chef Extraordinaire

I throughly enjoyed the pool today. Still no word about any test results. I called twice. Call back came when I was in the pool. Hope to find out something very soon. I went to deep water class, then did laps an additional 15 mn. then went to aqua chi class. The water took all of the stress out of my day today.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #1202
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I throughly enjoyed the pool today. Still no word about any test results. I called twice. Call back came when I was in the pool. Hope to find out something very soon. I went to deep water class, then did laps an additional 15 mn. then went to aqua chi class. The water took all of the stress out of my day today.
Water does that, doesn't it? Now we need to get you a mask and snorkel so you can see all the fish in a warm ocean, SB! Hoping for the best for the tests.

I ate way too much on vacation, hard not to. We're back to seminormal now.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #1203
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Water does that, doesn't it? Now we need to get you a mask and snorkel so you can see all the fish in a warm ocean, SB! Hoping for the best for the tests.
Thank you!
Old 03-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #1204
Executive Chef

Stayed home today because I have a nasty cold and didn't want to give It to everyone else. I slept right through breakfast and ate my lunch I packed to take to work. Chicken and veggies. Dinner tonight was chili. I'm doing well leaving the sweets alone-but I do have the Atkins bars and I do eat those. Planning for my food I will eat at work really helps me.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #1205
Executive Chef

Oh, I almost forgot...a week ago I was told that I need to do a sleep study. I haven't heard back from the hospital, and my husband said that by the time they call I will have lost enough weight that I won't have sleep apnea any more. Now that would be nice.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:11 AM   #1206
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Stayed home today because I have a nasty cold and didn't want to give It to everyone else. I slept right through breakfast and ate my lunch I packed to take to work. Chicken and veggies. Dinner tonight was chili. I'm doing well leaving the sweets alone-but I do have the Atkins bars and I do eat those. Planning for my food I will eat at work really helps me.

I agree planning is very important!

Also try not to let yourself become too hungry or too tired until your new way of eating becomes automatic.

Hope you feel better!
Old 03-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #1207
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I agree planning is very important!

Also try not to let yourself become too hungry or too tired until your new way of eating becomes automatic.

Hope you feel better!
Yes, Aunt Bea, that is very good advice. I know that has a lot to do with why I am having trouble with the candida diet - the types of food I can eat are so restricted that I don't eat enough and it effects my blood sugar. If I eat the wrong things my pain and other symptoms flare and I don't sleep well.

It is so hard to find that right balance.

Chopper, keep up the good work. I am sorry you are not feeling well but am glad you are taking care of yourself.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #1208
Chef Extraordinaire

I got in they gym for about an hour after work today. 23 mn on elliptical & 20 mn lifting weights, made me feel much better. In anticipation of dr's appt tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #1209
Executive Chef

Thanks for the support A. Bea and L.P. still have a cold, but feeling somewhat better. Wore myself out at work. I was supporting an all day field trip for one of my schools today and had to eat lunch at 10:15. Got way too hungry by three when I was able to have a snack. Ate more than I should have for supper. I will do better tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #1210
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I got in they gym for about an hour after work today. 23 mn on elliptical & 20 mn lifting weights, made me feel much better. In anticipation of dr's appt tomorrow.
It is good to hear that you are doing so much in trying to lose your weight. Keep up the good work. And do share any good news I know you will get from your doctor. We are all pulling for you.

Tomorrow my daughter gets the results of her latest MRI.