"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 04-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #1361
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyap View Post
I have a little bit of good medical news. I had my annual doctor visit yesterday and discovered that not only did I lose 15 lbs. but more importantly all my blood sugar levels have returned to the normal / healthy range. It's a start in the right direction.

I'm thinking of picking up some ankle weights to wear while at work. I think you would use more calories just going about your normal routines with those. Any thoughts on that?
Congratulations!

Old 04-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #1362
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
I have a little bit of good medical news. I had my annual doctor visit yesterday and discovered that not only did I lose 15 lbs. but more importantly all my blood sugar levels have returned to the normal / healthy range. It's a start in the right direction.

I'm thinking of picking up some ankle weights to wear while at work. I think you would use more calories just going about your normal routines with those. Any thoughts on that?
Great news, Mmyap!

Old 04-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #1363
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:

Yay!!! That's excellent news!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #1364
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Nothing stopping you from going up and down the stairs before or after your appointments!
Unfortunately, the upper floor's stairwells are not traveled as heavily as the lower floors...I wouldn't want to pitch over up there. I do walk the stairs from the lower Parking level to the 3rd floor where the Heart Institute is...that's 5 flights.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #1365
Chef Extraordinaire

I dropped the "brat dog" off with the friend who will be "doggy sitting" the brat dog while I'm away (half the time at her house, half the time at mine). She said, "OMG, you are so skinny!" I haven't been called "skinny" since I was 21 years old. I loved it! Of course, she was walking behind me--and I never have had a butt...and maybe the rain was blurring her vision...
Old 04-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #1366
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I thought I would post this video as inspiration. George Takei was born in 1937, he's 73 years old!

Old 04-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #1367
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I thought I would post this video as inspiration. George Takei was born in 1937, he's 73 years old!

a great big thanks, taxy, for the best feelgood video i've seen in ages!! so much going on here: a big YaY for physical fitness and sex appeal at any age, gay relationship recognition--a nod and smile to our growing inclusiveness as a people, a reminder of wwII internment of american-japanese in the u.s., and our need to appreciate and celebrate our shared human heritage....

i replayed this clip several times, and haven't stopped smiling yet.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:49 PM   #1368
Chef Extraordinaire

I have not been gaining or losing weight, just staying the same. Not much of an appetite. Especially meat has no appeal to me at all. For some reason it seems to make dh angry that I do not care to eat meat, I figure it's his problem, not mine, but makes for some tense meals at times.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #1369
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I have not been gaining or losing weight, just staying the same. Not much of an appetite. Especially meat has no appeal to me at all. For some reason it seems to make dh angry that I do not care to eat meat, I figure it's his problem, not mine, but makes for some tense meals at times.
Staying the same can be a good thing !

As for the meat ... I wouldn't worry about that much at all.

In time you will re-acquire a taste for it .. in the meantime just be sure you are getting all the vitamins and minerals you need.

Tell DH that just means there is more for him !
Old 04-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #1370
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Now, SB, you just concentrate on healing! Losing weight will come. Tell DH to take a hike. Eat what makes you feel good, if he wants to make you some comfort food like mac and cheese, let him do it. {{{hugs}}}