"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 06-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #1401
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thank you very much for the encouragement! I think I may have over-did a bit this afternoon. I swam a mile in the pool (36 laps) it took me a long time (90 minutes), I'm feeling like a truck ran over me tonight.
Slow down little grasshopper. You have the rest of your life to get back to where you were before the surgery.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 PM   #1402
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Slow down little grasshopper. You have the rest of your life to get back to where you were before the surgery.
Dh was giving me a hard time when I got home, I was pretty tired. Thing is, I have a 35 year class reunion over labor day weekend. Alot of people I have not seen in a long time.......I need to get in better shape.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:40 PM   #1403
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Glad you found this thread! We are all about encouraging each other here.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope the injuries weren't too serious. Remember to start back slowly. And don't be too hard on yourself. Before you know it you will be right back where you were.

I look forward to hearing your progress, and any challenges - believe me, all of us here have gone through both!
I got totally sidetracked from this forum... stumbled upon it today in my bookmarks, hopefully I'll be more frequent!

Anyways, onto the progress. Turns out during the course of recovering from my injury I put on nearly 20 pounds (yeesh). However, I can say that for about a month and a half now I have been able to exercise regularly with little to no pain/resistance. In the last 3 weeks I have lost about 3 pounds and have been watching what I've been eating. I'll be back to "tip top" shape in a few more months... unless of course something bad happens again

*knocks on wood*
Old 06-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #1404
Executive Chef

Sounds like you have a good start and will lose that weight and get back in shape in no time.

I am starting water aerobics today. Should be interesting. I found a friend that also wants to go, so that is nice.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #1405
Executive Chef

Hi. My name is Roch and I have a beer belly.

Started to walk again. I would like to drop around 20lbs. This apartment living hasn't been agreeing with me, I guess. Lots of sitting around in the evenings. Going to cut back on the hi cal meals and carbs....

I have been searching around the internet for hiking/walking trails in my area. Just got back from one a few minutes ago. Great little 5 k walk meandering through a small village country roads, wetlands and a very old cemetary.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #1406
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Hi. My name is Roch and I have a beer belly.

Started to walk again. I would like to drop around 20lbs. This apartment living hasn't been agreeing with me, I guess. Lots of sitting around in the evenings. Going to cut back on the hi cal meals and carbs....

I have been searching around the internet for hiking/walking trails in my area. Just got back from one a few minutes ago. Great little 5 k walk meandering through a small village country roads, wetlands and a very old cemetary.
You haven't started drinking that green stuff again have you?

Walking the cemeteries in this area is one of my favorite activities!

Good luck!
Old 06-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #1407
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
You haven't started drinking that green stuff again have you?

Walking the cemeteries in this area is one of my favorite activities!

Good luck!
Not yet. That's coming. I am still on the morning smooties, though. Usually frozen fruit, bananas and yougurt with skim milk. I do well for most of the day, but it is usually the big dinner washed down with a few beers and netflix that is getting me....Once an avid jogger, I don't do much any more. I love hiking. But, like I said, my after work activities dampen any desire to get out in the evenings....
Old 06-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #1408
Executive Chef

Glad you had a nice hike Rock! I really like hiking in the mountains, and don't do that nearly enough.

Last weekend I did a 22 mile bike ride. It is a big ride that starts at the Garden of the Gods and then through Colorado Springs and then back through the Garden of the Gods again. If you have ever been to Colorado Springs, you would know how much of a climb those hills in the park can be. Anyway, the ride is at night with about 1000 people in attendance. We have done it for years.

Today I started my water aerobics classes. What an easy way to get exercise! I loved it! I will be doing that again. The first time was free to see if you like it. I can get a pass for 12 times for 25 dollars! Never dreamed it would be so cheap! I will be going two times a week I think on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

So far since Feb. 25th I have lost 22 pounds. I am in pretty good shape, but need to keep working, and have quite a bit of weight yet to lose.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #1409
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Glad you had a nice hike Rock! I really like hiking in the mountains, and don't do that nearly enough.

Last weekend I did a 22 mile bike ride. It is a big ride that starts at the Garden of the Gods and then through Colorado Springs and then back through the Garden of the Gods again. If you have ever been to Colorado Springs, you would know how much of a climb those hills in the park can be. Anyway, the ride is at night with about 1000 people in attendance. We have done it for years.

Today I started my water aerobics classes. What an easy way to get exercise! I loved it! I will be doing that again. The first time was free to see if you like it. I can get a pass for 12 times for 25 dollars! Never dreamed it would be so cheap! I will be going two times a week I think on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.

So far since Feb. 25th I have lost 22 pounds. I am in pretty good shape, but need to keep working, and have quite a bit of weight yet to lose.
Amazing, you go girl!

It sounds like you are training for the Iron Girl Triathlon.

Athleta Iron Girl Syracuse Women's Triathlon. Embracing seasoned athletes and novices alike, this event features a (600 meter Swim - 30K Bike - 5K Run).

Old 06-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #1410
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Amazing, you go girl!

It sounds like you are training for the Iron Girl Triathlon.

Athleta Iron Girl Syracuse Women's Triathlon. Embracing seasoned athletes and novices alike, this event features a (600 meter Swim - 30K Bike - 5K Run).

You are too funny! I'm not a sissy! I used to do all of these things before I started hurting everywhere and gaining weight. I am now on oxygen at night because my oxygen levels go below 85% when I sleep. I know it sounds silly, but I think that is what was causing most of my problems. It is good to be me again. I still have some knee pain, but I can walk and sleep. Life is good! And...by the way, I don't run any more, so I'm not training for that!