"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 06-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #1411
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Toe is healed, Shoulder is good...Relay is tomorrow night, I'll be walking all night, I'm sure I will stop here and there. Hopefully nothing else will happen between now and October ...when I plan on having the other toe "fixed". I've quit worrying about my weight, the more I worry, the more I gain, if I just ignore it, it will take care of itself.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:50 AM   #1412
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I've quit worrying about my weight, the more I worry, the more I gain, if I just ignore it, it will take care of itself.
It can be very frustrating!

I lost approx. 34 pounds since the first of the year and now I am gaining or staying at the same weight. I am just trying to plod through it by staying on the same basic lo carb eating plan that I have been using.

I am also trying to incorporate some mild exercise into the daily routine.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other!

Old 06-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #1413
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
It can be very frustrating!

I lost approx. 34 pounds since the first of the year and now I am gaining or staying at the same weight. I am just trying to plod through it by staying on the same basic lo carb eating plan that I have been using.

I am also trying to incorporate some mild exercise into the daily routine.

Just keep putting one foot in front of the other!
Great weight loss Aunt Bea! Since I quit messing/worrying about it, I have lost 5 pounds.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #1414
Chef Extraordinaire

I don't worry about it anymore either. As long as I don't gain, I am fine. I have such terrible eating habits. I had a small bowl of vanilla ice cream for breakfast. And I probably won't eat until late tonight. I wouldn't care if I never ate again. I don't get hunger pains. And the only reason I eat is for the nutritional value.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #1415
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Great weight loss Aunt Bea! Since I quit messing/worrying about it, I have lost 5 pounds.
Thanks, I may have found your five!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #1416
Executive Chef

Aunt Bea,
You may want to start adding in a "fatter day" each week. I find that when I rename Saturday to fatter day, and eat more carbs (healthy ones, but things I wouldn't normally eat on my low carb diet-like whole wheat bread or an oatmeal cookie) that I tend to lose more weight. I still watch the portions, but allow myself a little of the forbidden things. I'm not sure why this is, but when a friend told me about it, I tried it and it works!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #1417
Executive Chef

PF, have a wonderful time on your walk tonight. My niece does that too, and we always give to the cause when she does. She has so much fun with her friends and co workers on that night. She talks about it for months. She also buys an illuminary in honor of my son (her cousin) and carries that for that lap.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #1418
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Aunt Bea,
You may want to start adding in a "fatter day" each week. I find that when I rename Saturday to fatter day, and eat more carbs (healthy ones, but things I wouldn't normally eat on my low carb diet-like whole wheat bread or an oatmeal cookie) that I tend to lose more weight. I still watch the portions, but allow myself a little of the forbidden things. I'm not sure why this is, but when a friend told me about it, I tried it and it works!
I think that can be a good idea. I tend to eat the same things day after day and my body gets used to it. When you shake things up a little I think it stimulates your metabolism.

I wonder if Hallmark has a card for Fatter Day!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #1419
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I think that can be a good idea. I tend to eat the same things day after day and my body gets used to it. When you shake things up a little I think it stimulates your metabolism.

I wonder if Hallmark has a card for Fatter Day!
I thought you would like that!

I am toasting to you right now with my cup of tea! Go Aunt Bea! You can do this! Lets see that scale go back down by having a Fatter Day this weekend! If there was a card, I would send you one!
Old 06-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #1420
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
PF, have a wonderful time on your walk tonight. My niece does that too, and we always give to the cause when she does. She has so much fun with her friends and co workers on that night. She talks about it for months. She also buys an illuminary in honor of my son (her cousin) and carries that for that lap.
We have 4 luminarias, My Mom (Breast and Ovarian), Shrek (Bladder), Me (Breast and Ovarian) and our Daughter-In-Law who died from Lymphoma almost 20 years ago.

Thanks for the good wishes.