"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 07-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #1461
Certified Cake Maniac

She is 27.

The show centers around a trainer named Chris Powell and a weight loss clinic in California. People are chosen who have struggled with obesity all their lives. This year they had twins and a married couple which were interesting, and several individuals. Chris takes them through a full year of learning, fitness, lifestyle changes (including diet) and often has to help them lose emotional baggage before pounds.

It is on ABC Tuesday nights at 8 pm and is two hours.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #1462
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Aunt Bea, I think I will pass on the gypsy, but love your spreadsheet idea. I just have to be careful not to make too strict goals because of my pain levels. We learned that if you set your expectations too high and don't meet them because of the pain, it makes everything worse. But having something to go by sounds great!
Realistic is the key!

I think it is better to show some slow, steady, sustained progress than to set the bar too high and get discouraged time after time. If at the end of the year I only make 75% of my goal I'm still winning, it will just take a little longer than planned.

I have to keep reminding myself it took over half a century to get into this pickle and it will take some time to get out of it.

I think I have the eating part figured out.

I'm still having problems convincing myself that exercise is fun!

I still haven't ruled out the gypsy!

Old 07-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #1463
Executive Chef

I may have to catch that show, but it is hard to fit in TV watching in the summer evenings when it is so nice out. We are either walking or sitting on the deck, or watching the sun set, or across the street watching the neighbor fly his rc airplane, or flying a kite, or playing with the dogs............We have several things recorded that we need to watch when the weather is not so nice.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #1464
Executive Chef

Get real...rule out the gypsy!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #1465
Executive Chef

Is a gypsy like this genie where you don't really get what you wish for?

Old 07-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #1466
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Thank you TL. I have noticed that each person who is trying to lose weight, seem to have their own rooting section. And that is a good thing. I know when Simonbaker came on and told us what her doctor had just told her, I was horrified and scared for her.

Losing weight is so much harder than putting it on. We all need a cheering section. Here's hoping that everyone who is in this battle will lose five pounds this week. Five pounds can mean one size down in the clothing department for some. And for all our dieters.
Thank you & TL so much for your, and everyone's, encouragement. I started at 285# & am now down to 222#, still working on it everyday. This past weekend was tough, getting together with old fiends with to much good food & drinks. As making this a lifestyle change I just try to look at these set backs a giant hurdles to overcome & know I need to get back on track Monday morning. Your advice & encouragement is so much appreciated!!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #1467
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thank you & TL so much for your, and everyone's, encouragement. I started at 285# & am now down to 222#, still working on it everyday. This past weekend was tough, getting together with old fiends with to much good food & drinks. As making this a lifestyle change I just try to look at these set backs a giant hurdles to overcome & know I need to get back on track Monday morning. Your advice & encouragement is so much appreciated!!
SB, whether you realize it or not. just the fact that you are willing to put the starting amount out there for the world to see what your weight was at the start shows how committed you are to losing this weight. The average person when asked, will hem and haw about their true weight. Sixty-three pounds? That is more than a commercial size bag of flour for your café. And you have done this in spite of having an unexpected interruption in your quest. Keep it up. What has your doctor said about your weight loss? Have you gone down a size?
Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #1468
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
63 lbs is the average weight of a nine year old child. I'm impressed SB.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #1469
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
63 lbs is the average weight of a nine year old child. I'm impressed SB.
Fifty pounds is the weight of a large sack of flour for her café. I too am so impressed with her accomplishment. She is now on to a large sack of sugar.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #1470
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
The hardest thing is allowing yourself to do is enjoy the "cheats" and realize that they will be a constant part of your life, it's how you move on from them that counts. One day of indulgence once in a while isn't going to ruin it all! It's part of enjoying life. You seem to have a good handle on it!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote