"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 06-23-2008, 07:59 AM   #141
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher's Mom View Post
WooHoo Jeekinz!!!! Does that mean we'll see you as Mr. July in one of those hunky calendars???
I don't know about "hunky"....but I'd fit right in on a Funky one! LOL

Old 06-23-2008, 08:20 AM   #142
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
down eight pounds since i started really watching the size of portions. not the hardship of leaving out any food group. my body has adjusted to the smaller amount of food and it fills me up.

give it a try, it works

babe
very wise words babe..

Old 06-23-2008, 08:21 AM   #143
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
I'm usually 165-167. Everytime I try to loose a few pounds, I do just that and can only go as low as 160. Which is still a little much for my frame.

FINALLY! All the grilled chicken and salads paid off! 158 this morning!

I can has cheeseburger now! (nom, nom, nom)
GREAT Jeeks, congrats for getting past the 160# plateau!
Old 06-23-2008, 09:00 AM   #144
Head Chef

I quit smoking a couple of years ago, and promptly went from 225 to 247.
As of yesterday.... 228!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #145
Executive Chef

Nice Grilling Fool!

Lately it's been chicken breasts, pork chops and very little red meat. Everything is grilled. The DW makes all sorts of different salads like a 3 bean salad, some sort of layered veggie salad. I can't get enough of those. And my energy levels have sky-rocketed. I eat when I'm hungry instead of waiting for a certain time or whatever. Usually it's a bannana in the morning, light lunch at 10-10:30 then dinner once I get home about 5:30-6. If I get hungry later on, I'll have my orange with hot sauce or a little cheese and crackers, etc.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #146
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
I gotta say the weather now doesn't hurt. There's so much to do and I have to move to do all of it. (Not to mention the tan that goes with it)
Checking in for the week, I don't know what's going on. Maybe my scale is broken... I have gone down a size to an 8.... but I'm maybe a 1;/2 lb less than last week. Probably just switching flab to muscles. Whatever.... I'm more after how I feel and how things fit than an actual number....
Old 06-23-2008, 10:33 AM   #147
Executive Chef

Good point Suzi. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you're strength training or simillar, you want to be concerned with your percentage of body fat not weight.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #148
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
That's why I don't get how they can go by straight up weight loss on The Biggest Loser. It's a great show and all, very motivating, but they don't seem to take the fat / muscle change into account.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #149
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Keep up the good work everyone!!! I"m proud of you all.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:36 PM   #150
Assistant Cook

Hello to all. I've not been on the forum for a while...kids came home from college and I seldom get to use the computer! Just Like Grillingfool I quit smoking--but only about 8 months ago. I went from 170 lbs to almost 200!! I quit cold turkey and have just been letting myself have anything I want as a reward. Well, no more.

Last week I went for my "annual" checkup (I haven't had one in more than two years) and found that not only am I fat, my cholesterol is just over 300. Good news is that the so-called good cholesterol is 70. Anyway, I'm now on generic zolar and a low fat, low cholesterol diet. Anyone have any suggestions other than welcome to the life of grilled or broiled chicken salads?

Congratulations to everyone who is losing their unwanted pounds. What an accomplishment!
MG