Who's Trying to Lose Weight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely not trying to lose weight. I am wearing my winter version of my hooker clothes...tights with a skort, a sweater, and Birkenstock clogs just to bug my Dad.

I definitely should not be a size 2 or 4 given my height and bone structure and being that I am 60 years old. Or maybe it is that sizes have gotten smaller and really I am a size 10 in 1970s sizes? But I do look kinda cute in my winter and summer hooker clothes!

Last edited:
The best diet advice I can give relates strictly to my own experience:
I.E. - Male, over 65 - H 5'9" - Current W - 160 lbs.

If you're in that category, more or less, but weigh 175 - 180 and would like to lose weight, say 15-20 lbs to be slimmer - e.g. size 36-38 belt- then give this a try:

Eat pretty much whatever you like, but keep daily calories as low as 1,200/day, preferably 1,000 or less; protein around 50 or so - less if you can, and limit carbs to under 25-30 gms/day - you should easily lose 2-3 lbs. per week - no sweat.

I've accomplished it several times in recent years, and can keep my weight down to 160 easily, by religiously maintaining these params.

I stopped losing weight when my body decided I was just right.

I eat complex carbs, as 80% of my calories, 10% fat, and 10 % protein (though without trying it usually goes higher). I don't eat sugar oil or any processed food (a few condiments). Mostly potatoes, grains, squash, lentils and lots of vegetables cooked and raw.

I lost all the weight I wanted to lose and a little more without trying because we made this a habit. My husband eats this way too.
My blood pressure used to be high, now it is normal.

I lost 60 lbs and weigh 125 and I'm 5' 6.5''. I'm comfortable with it and couldn't have more energy. My aches and pains I thought were 'old age', (60) are gone and were just me not feeding myself the right foods (standard american diet) and getting the right nutrition to heal, so now I know and I feel good.

A lot of health issues can be reversed by getting enough nutrition and fiber. The fiber carries the toxins and waste out. The nutrition gives the body fuel and helps the body regenerate.

This thread hasn't been posted on since last December. Either everyone reached their goals already, or nobody cares about losing weight anymore. :LOL: Health is actually more important than weight, but being at a healthy weight is another indicator of good health.

During this time, my husband also lost weight and reached beyond his goals weight wise. He lowered his cholesterol to the 120's and his LDL to 72, no medication. It's been an amazing journey.

I have been doing time restricted eating since July of last year. I have lost 15 kilos (33 pounds). My "eating window" is between 16:00 and 24:00. It is a method that has been demonstrated to have metabolic benefits. It is really simple and doesn't require any restrictions on what or how much one eats. Of course, it's healthier to eat foods that are good for you and avoid overly processed foods and sugary foods.

Back
Top Bottom