"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 11-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #1821
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post

Feta is also goat cheese, but I think it would work. How about some fresh mozzarella?
Feta doesn't melt very well. Another option is ricotta.

Old 11-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #1822
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
There is a small group at work that is trying to drop mass and get healthier. Everyone has their own eating plan to follow, but it is nice to have the camaraderie. On Friday, we were all given "pebbles" by myInertia.com. I went out for a walk today simply because I could see my rating against others in my group. Who wants to be on the bottom of the exercise list???

It's obnoxiously effective for me since I do not want to be at the bottom of the exercise barrel. In retrospect, I cannot believe I VOLUNTEERED to wear this little thing!

I'm not sure if I should be thrilled at its effectiveness or disturbed over the big brother-ishness.

I did lose 2 pounds this week.......hmmm.
Heh, peer pressure isn't just for teenagers, eh?

Old 11-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #1823
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Feta doesn't melt very well. Another option is ricotta.

The recipe didn't say the goat cheese was to melt, just be wamed. It didn't look melted in the picture. I think maybe the Feta would work.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #1824
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post

The recipe didn't say the goat cheese was to melt, just be wamed. It didn't look melted in the picture. I think maybe the Feta would work.
In that case, any soft cheese you like will work
Old 11-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #1825
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
There is a small group at work that is trying to drop mass and get healthier. Everyone has their own eating plan to follow, but it is nice to have the camaraderie. On Friday, we were all given "pebbles" by myInertia.com. I went out for a walk today simply because I could see my rating against others in my group. Who wants to be on the bottom of the exercise list???

It's obnoxiously effective for me since I do not want to be at the bottom of the exercise barrel. In retrospect, I cannot believe I VOLUNTEERED to wear this little thing!

I'm not sure if I should be thrilled at its effectiveness or disturbed over the big brother-ishness.

I did lose 2 pounds this week.......hmmm.
Congratulations on your weight loss! What a great feeling that is. Nothing like some peer pressure to give a person motivation.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #1826
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm sticking at 28 pounds lost, I was just happy the scales at the doctor's office said the same since she had last seen me. Have to work on boosting my exercise now.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:38 PM   #1827
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm sticking at 28 pounds lost, I was just happy the scales at the doctor's office said the same since she had last seen me. Have to work on boosting my exercise now.
What a fantastic feeling that is!! Congratulations!!! Time to go out & buy a new outfit!!
Old 11-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #1828
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
28 pounds is 1.2 beagles worth.

Awesome, PF!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:01 PM   #1829
Cupcake

Peer pressure....yes, it works at all ages.

I made a chicken tinola to take to lunch this week. I'm so glad that I kept my pepper leaves for it. I used chayote squash instead of green papaya, but stayed pretty true to the rest of the recipe. It's working out to around 130 calories per serving. I did not make the chicken liver part...though I like chicken livers!

I find that I need to actually plan meals to stay on plan.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #1830
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
What a fantastic feeling that is!! Congratulations!!! Time to go out & buy a new outfit!!
Not yet, I'm just now back into the clothes I was wearing two years ago. Have some more things to do before I get to go shopping.