"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 11-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #1831
Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Not yet, I'm just now back into the clothes I was wearing two years ago. Have some more things to do before I get to go shopping.

I cannot wait to shovel out my closets and dressers and start new.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #1832
Master Chef

Quote:
Not yet, I'm just now back into the clothes I was wearing two years ago. Have some more things to do before I get to go shopping.
Congratulations!

That is a wonderful feeling!

I have vowed to never buy a larger size again, I think that was my biggest mistake over the years, not holding the line!

Old 11-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #1833
Chef Extraordinaire

Back in the pool today for deep water aerobics class. Swam for an additional 20 minutes after that. Still staying on track. The pool twice so far this week, back to the gym tomorrow. 72 pounds down since August 20th, 2012
Old 11-13-2013, 09:10 PM   #1834
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Back in the pool today for deep water aerobics class. Swam for an additional 20 minutes after that. Still staying on track. The pool twice so far this week, back to the gym tomorrow. 72 pounds down since August 20th, 2012
OMG. 72 pounds! Simonbaker, that is a whole 3rd grader!!! A big black labrador!!! 2.5 beagles!!!

I am thrilled to pieces for you!!! Can you tell I'm excited??
Old 11-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #1835
Senior Cook

Quote:
Thats awesome! Keep going!
Old 11-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #1836
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you for the positive support! Much appreciated. Hopes to get through Thanksgiving successfully!
Old 11-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #1837
Cupcake

WOW! That is terrific! Share some secrets to keep motivated!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #1838
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Time to get a smaller apron for work! I am impressed.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #1839
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
WOW! That is terrific! Share some secrets to keep motivated!
We could sic Addie on you, Kathleen...
Old 11-14-2013, 01:15 AM   #1840
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
We could sic Addie on you, Kathleen...
I have become SB's private cheering section. When her journey first started, I was so scared with what the doctor told her. Just about "lose the weight or die very shortly." Not words anyone wants to hear. All I could think of was her daughter losing her mother. So I made it my personal charge to help her. I know it is really hard for anyone to lose even a few pounds. For her I realized it was going to be even harder. She was doing so good. And then the emergency surgery came about. It really was a setback for her. The doctor told her after the surgery that the diet would have to wait. There were certain foods he did not want her to eat. Of course they were the foods she relied on mostly for the weight loss. So for six to eight weeks she was eating foods she hadn't had in a long time. And I am sure they tasted good. So once she got the go ahead, getting her back on track was the next goal. She had only gained a few pounds back, so that was an encouraging part.

I try to never scold her, only encourage her to get back on track when she does fall off even for only a day. Yelling never works for anything. The holidays are coming up and I am going to be vigilant about watching what she posts. I don't expect perfect behavior from her. But I do expect for her to always be trying. She has done so well. I am so proud of her. Her husband and daughter have a new stranger in the house. I don't know what her ultimate goal is, but when she does reach her ideal weight, then it will be to keep her on maintenance. We will enter the new phase together. I don't ever want her to feel that no one cares. Because I do. Very much so!

Now if I could only do the same for myself!