"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 02-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #1931
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Haven't worn a size 8 since 7th grade.......
My Mom had moose children...I would never get into a size 8, even if I lost weight. Maybe a 12.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #1932
Senior Cook

I am having very good success by cutting out the sugar, junk food, soda, and doing more exercise.
I now enjoy a kale,apple,banana,carrot, smoothie every day for lunch, Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Smaller portions at dinner time, mostly have chicken, fish, kale, beans, salad. After a while it becomes habit and easy.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #1933
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmaker60 View Post
I am having very good success by cutting out the sugar, junk food, soda, and doing more exercise.
I now enjoy a kale,apple,banana,carrot, smoothie every day for lunch, Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Smaller portions at dinner time, mostly have chicken, fish, kale, beans, salad. After a while it becomes habit and easy.
+1 That is what I have found works for me. If I don't have junk food in the house, I don't eat it.
Old 02-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #1934
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

My problem is, if I don't have junk food in the house, I buy it...
Old 02-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #1935
Cupcake

Quote:
That would work for me. Unfortunately, I don't follow through all of the time....To motivate me to stay with it, I tossed my larger-sized clothing. SO.....I'm hoping comfort will kick me into gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
My problem is, if I don't have junk food in the house, I buy it...
That too.....
Old 02-11-2014, 01:15 PM   #1936
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicy Meataball View Post
I recently started cooking for my guy friends at work since we are all trying to lose weight. being behind a desk all day and then going to Pizza Hut, Mcdonalds, or other fast food wasnt helping them and that devil of a snack machine kept calling my name. I'm totally into this idea though and you can count me in.

Ive found that the hardest thing to break is my italian way of thinking. Its not ok to eat half a loaf of bread, yes cheese is good but a whole wheel of cheese isnt, and proscuitto is something to be eating casually, not to be eaten all the time. LOL. Grandma planted the seeds a loooong time ago.
Same problem here, being from an Italian family, bread is the killer, even worse since I learned how to make my own Italian bread.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #1937
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Same problem here, being from an Italian family, bread is the killer, even worse since I learned how to make my own Italian bread.
For Italian Nonni's food is love. That's why she always turned her back when you dipped that piece of bread into the pan of Sunday gravy. And you don't have to be from an Italian family. Just living in the neighborhood can be a killer.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:49 PM   #1938
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
For Italian Nonni's food is love. That's why she always turned her back when you dipped that piece of bread into the pan of Sunday gravy. And you don't have to be from an Italian family. Just living in the neighborhood can be a killer.
All of us Italian's called it gravy, all others call it sauce.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:56 PM   #1939
Chef Extraordinaire

I went & bought a snorkel for the pool, I love it, don't have to worry about taking a breath above water. I went swimming today & swam for 1 hour & 40 mn. Feeling woen out, but really good.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:42 PM   #1940
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I went & bought a snorkel for the pool, I love it, don't have to worry about taking a breath above water. I went swimming today & swam for 1 hour & 40 mn. Feeling woen out, but really good.
Doing an exercise that you enjoy, is not even an exercise. It is fun.