"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Health, Nutrition and Special Diets

Old 02-16-2014, 08:59 PM   #1951
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Not a lot of ocean around SD, Can you get to the Florida Keys, SB? Some nice snorkeling, but the water isn't nearly as clear as my fave, Cozumel, or my other fave, Kauai. There are some really good, cheap rates on cruise lines right now. We took my mom on a cruise many years ago, and got her out snorkeling every port stop, she loved it!

I am assuming this means South Dakota. In football terms, it stands for San Diego.

Old 02-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #1952
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I weighed myself for the first time since my original gallbladder surgery almost two weeks ago and then the liver problems. I have lost 9 lbs. Not the way I would like to but I will take it!

I would take it too, LP!!! Glad to hear your on the mend.

Old 02-17-2014, 09:40 PM   #1953
Chef Extraordinaire

Deep water class then on to aqua chi, feeling washed out & ready for an early bed.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:04 AM   #1954
Chef Extraordinaire

A friend of mine posted a pic on FB--she looked great (she probably weighed close to 350 lb before). I emailed her and asked her for her secret (she's hypothyroid and has been battling her weight for years). She switched her main meal to BREAKFAST, omitted sugar, white flour, rice, bread. It took her 10 months to drop the 75 lb, BUT she has not gained any of the weight back (she is stuck, has been for 5 or 6 months now) BUT she has not gained the weight back. She did add exercise to her routine, BUT she claims she is convinced eating her big meal in the morning. specifically her main meal with protein, was the key because she has always been active (does agility with her dogs and teaches agility classes, etc.) and eliminating sugar, pasta, and bread made the difference.

Just thought I'd share. She had lost weight in the past but always gained it back. Now that she has changed how she eats (not dieting, just a change in her habits), she has lost weight. And yes, she has a family so she has had to make adjustments there as well.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #1955
Executive Chef

When I was single, I ate breakfast every day and lunch, but rarely dinner. I didn't like preparing a meal for just me and I always seemed to make too much. I would just have a healthy snack in the evening. I stayed thin. Then along comes DH, whose main meal is dinner. Screwed me all up!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:09 PM   #1956
Chef Extraordinaire

As you all may recall, I don't weigh myself. However, today after my mammo I figured I deserved some retail therapy. My summer clothes all are too big, so I thought I might pick up something at Value Village since it was 50% off day. I got a very nice pair of white capri pants, size SIX, and another pair of G. Beene floral capri pants size 8. I haven't worn a size 5/6 since I was 21. They both make me look thin and washed up nicely. I have my annual physical on April 9th. I'll find out how much weight I've lost then (although, I face backwards and don't look at the scale, but since dieting, er, modifying eating habits is a topic my doc and I discuss, I'm sure it will come up, or, more accurately, down).
Old 03-11-2014, 09:32 PM   #1957
Chef Extraordinaire

I spendt another 2 hours in the gym today. I have been exercising 5-6 days a week foir the past 2.5 weeks. I feel like my eating hasn't been real bad. I have lost NO weight! It's getting frustrating!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:55 PM   #1958
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I spendt another 2 hours in the gym today. I have been exercising 5-6 days a week foir the past 2.5 weeks. I feel like my eating hasn't been real bad. I have lost NO weight! It's getting frustrating!!!
Hopefully you're exchanging fat for muscle, which weighs more.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:58 PM   #1959
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Hopefully you're exchanging fat for muscle, which weighs more.
Hope you are right! I feel good, just wish that darn scale would go down.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #1960
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Hope you are right! I feel good, just wish that darn scale would go down.
But how do your clothes feel?